Deep Time Step-Sequencer is a virtual emulation of the Doepfer Dark Time analog sequencer that runs on Native Instruments Reaktor platform (it requires version 5.9.2 or higher).
It keeps the same basic functionalities of the original hardware plus some new features:
- MIDI Mode: when running in Dual Mode, the lower row can be used to send a MIDI Control Change message to the Reaktor MIDI output.
In Panel B view you can select the function of the second row (Pulse Width Modulation as previous version or new MIDI mode) as well as the MIDI CC number to send out.
In this way it is possible to use the upper row for melodic sequence and the lower one to control a MIDI parameter to change timbre like filter cutoff and so on..
- "Emph" mode: emphasizes or accents a note with MIDI Velocity messages.
- "Bend" mode: each step can send a MIDI Pitch Bend message (useful to glide between notes).
And some optimizations and advantages:
- Save any sequence as preset.
- Set the correct pitch value on each step with a visual feedback on the correspondig row display.
- Separate controls for Clock time, clock Division factor, Pulse Width and Shuffle amount for ease of operation.
- Easily program a note sequence while listening to an internal tone generator with the Note button.
- Display showing the BPM value of both the internal and the host-sync clock.
- It can be used to control another Reaktor Instrument, an external plug-in or any hardware MIDI instrument capable of receiving MIDI Note messages.
- Well designed Graphic User Interface.
- The overall structure runs at Control Rate (400 Hz by default) and is extremely CPU-friendly.
- This sequencer benefits from the potentiality of the Reaktor Core Level technology to offer a steady and solid structure that will no cause any unwanted reset or strange behaviours in normal applications.