What if ___ _____ easily chop up ____ __ the sound __ _ rhythmical pattern?
Well now you can! Trance Gate is a gate sequencer which quickly adds a rhythm to a pad or lead, chops up a beat or adds more staccato to an arpeggio.
The world of anthem trance lies at your feet!:
- Pattern Select - Switches between the eight different pattern slots.
- Pattern Editor - Edits the current pattern. Click to toggle steps on or off, click and drag to tie steps together.
- Length display - The length of the current pattern.
- Attack, Decay, Sustain and Release knobs - These knobs comtrol the ADSR envelope which is applied to your sound, using the specified pattern.
- Resolution - Length of one step in the sequencer.
- Mix - The dry/wet mix of this effect. A lower value will let some of the unmodified signal through.
- Settings panel - Whenever you have your mouse cursor over a snapin theree is a small arrow at the top right corner (not visible in screenshot). It opens a settings panel where you handle presets.
- Enabled checkbox - The small checkbox to the left of the plugin name is a checkbox that bypasses the effect when disabled.
- Resize handle - The bottom right corner of all Kilohearts plugins is a resize handle for scaling the UI to any size. This allows you to get a good view of the controls whatever the screen resolution, and also comes in handy if you need big controls, e.g. when using Trance Gate as a real-time effect on a touchscreen monitor during a live set. (This is not available when the snapin is used inside a snapin host.).
Trance Gate shines on it's own, but it was primarily created to power up the different "Snapin Hosts" Kilohearts offer. These are bigger effects units that utilize all the available snapins and give you a really fun and creative workflow for combining them in any way you can think of. So have a look at Snap Heap and Multipass right now.
Trance Gate is also available as a Rack Extension for Reason over at the Propellerhead shop.