Bremmers Audio Design updates MultitrackStudio to v5.2
18th May 2009
Bremmers Audio Design has updated MultitrackStudio to version 5.2. The highlights are improved notation editing and a new practice mode which lets you use software instruments or effects like guitar amp simulators without actually recording them.
The new version is available free of charge for users who purchased the program after May 1, 2008. Older versions can be upgraded for $39 (Pro Plus) / $23 (Professional).
- Major improvements in notation editor (better horizontal note spacing, multiple buttons to add now notes, key signature changes, more tuplets, etc.).
- MIDI event editors now have 3 modes: Select Part, Select Notes and Add Notes.
- MIDI controller and automation editors now have 3 modes: Select, Add and Draw.
- Multi MIDI Editor now features notation and drum editors.
- Practice mode to use software instrument, guitar amps etc. without recording them.
- Pianoroll/notation editors: lasso shows name of lassoed chord, if any.
- Dragging audio/MIDI between tracks now snaps to the original position if you're close.
- "Export MIDI Tracks" can optionally include lyrics and/or markers in the MIDI file.
- Number of first bar can be -9..1, allowing for various numbers of count-in bars.
- Audio and Pianoroll editors can zoom vertically.
- Editors: mouse pointer behaves more in line with Windows standards (when dragging, etc.).
- Editors can do standard Windows style "click at start, Ctrl-click at end" selecting.
- Effects can be bypassed quickly by clicking the slot while keeping the B key down.
- Tuner effect redesigned for better visibility from a distance. New per-note offsets let you create custom tunings.
- Tested on Windows 7 (both 32 and 64 bits).
- Add Click Track: "Accent on Beat One" is now "Bar Accents", and does a bit more to make the click track sound more pleasing.
- Time signatures can be typed instead of using the up/down buttons.
- "Extract temp from track": beats can represent 3/8, 7/8 etc. (not just 1/8, 1/4 etc.).
- Drum editor: notes appear like diamond shapes.
- Drum editor: "select similar notes" can now work on selected notes only.
- Multi MIDI Editor (pianoroll): notes of active track appear in front, this makes editing overlapping notes easier.
- Multi MIDI Editor: up/down arrows scroll the editor vertically.
- "Delay before recording" window remembers time value.
- "BPM Tapper" now works with mouse.
- Clicking an empty effect slot pops up selector (even if you didn't click the down arrow).
- Various other minor improvements.
- MIDI editor scrubber works better when zoomed out by a large amount (Pro Plus edition only).
- 'Revert to Version' is more robust.
- A couple of other fixes.
KVR Audio, Inc.