n-Track Software updates n-Track Studio to v6.0.6 (incl. VST3 support)
17th September 2009
n-Track Software has announced the release of version 6.0.6 of the n-Track Studio music recording and editing software. The update, free to existing v6.x users, adds support for VST3 plug-ins, the latest version of the VST plug-in standard developed by Steinberg.
n-Track takes advantage of the explicit support found in the VST3 standard for plug-ins side-chaining, a mechanism by which an effect plug-in can process the signal of an audio track based on the characteristics of the signal of a different track. A typical use of side-chaining is when the dynamics (i.e. compression) of a bass track is altered based on the dynamics of a kick drum track, or when a radio speaker talks over music being played, with the music automatically decreasing in volume when the speaker talks ("ducking").
Summary of Changes in v6.0.6 build 2510:
- Support for VST3 plug-ins.
- Sidechain routing with VST and VST3 plug-ins.
- Song/track speed control shows "x1.0" sign only when speed is exactly 1.0, no rounding, otherwise shows x0.99 or x1.01, in yellow text.
- Undo works on envelope fade for Effect Parameter envelope.
- Due to popular demand, added back crosshair icon to drag parts in toolbar.
- Box to set effect parameter envelope node works using effect parameter units (i.e. dB, ms etc.) for VST3 plug-ins.
- Import tracks from .sng file box to select which tracks to import / option to import only track settings, not parts.
- Track EQ remembers which preset has been selected for each track.
- Fixed Insert box start and length being ignored, insert was performed using the current timeline selection.
KVR Audio, Inc.