Noise Soft releases the Break Filter
28th September 2009
Noise Soft has announced the release of Break Filter, a new VST filter and distortion effect plug-in for Windows.
Break Filter is a custom stereo "all-band" filter effect with noise based distortion which can take any clean sound from natural gain to frequency and phase shifted industrial chaos.
Controls and features:
- Gain: Lowest setting is pure bypass and highest setting is extreme distortion, almost to the point of white noise (The filter also works when the distortion Gain knob is set to "0" or bypass).
- Pitch: Adjusts the affected pitch of the filter from low bassy drones to high pitched ringing.
- Resonance: Adjusts the resonance of the filter, from minimal effect to drone sound and everything between.
- Freq: The frequency control for the filter has custom coded extreme frequency shifting, capable of lo-fi filtering in the low knob settings, all the way to harsh industrial/punk effects. The 'maximum' setting of this knob puts the sound into an inaudible frequency, therefore virtually bypassing the frequency shifting function.
- Left and Right: These are separate controls for left and right phase shifting as well as panning for the different layers of the complex resonant filter layers.
Pricing & Availability
Priced at $29, Break Filter is available for Windows as a VST effect plug-in. The first 400 purchasers will also receive over 400 free loops.
KVR Audio, Inc.