Cakewalk updates SONAR to v8.5.2
11th December 2009
Cakewalk has updated SONAR Producer and SONAR Studio to v8.5.2.
- Per-arp swing control slider.
- Automatable controls.
- Server preference can now be assigned per-plug-in, and will be saved with projects.
- Now defaults to loading one server; this setting can be changed by the user and will be saved across sessions
- Column naming.
- Per-cell "one-shot" mode.
- New button to stop all cells.
- New option to automatically Groove Clip audio and MIDI clips when dragging into the Matrix View.
- Improve Mode State UI indicators.
- Cell content can now be dragged into the Track View.
- Now supports Step Sequencer Patters containing probabilities.
- Accessibility and QWERTY keyboard support.
- Now supports clips of up to 30 minutes in length.
- Import files directly from cells.
- New mode to preview audio/MIDI content in sync with project tempo.
- When using Tabbed Edit Views, you can now drag content from Media Browser to the Matrix View Tab to open the Matrix View and drop the content on the cell.
- Now supports Step Sequencer Patterns containing probabilities.
PX-64 Percussion Strip
- 70+ new impulse responses, provided by Acousticas.
Session Drummer 3
- New indicator to show when Expander is functioning as a Gate.
- Channel output selections are now simple dropdown lists.
- All Steven Slate, Sonic Reality and Cakewalk kits now have .KIT files for easy kit loading without changing programs.
- Improved parameter controls for Dimension LE, Dimension Pro, DropZone, Pentagon I, Rapture, Rapture LE & Z3ta+.
- 35 new step sequencer patterns.
- VS-100 Control Surface support for x64.
- New ACT mappings for PX-64, VX-64 and Session Drummer 3.
Issues Resolved in SONAR 8.5.2
- Event list view was not accessible.
- Accelerator keys fixed for the following: Audio Effects Dialog, Audio Options.
- Using keybinding to arm a track did not always work while a project was playing.
- Can now change focus in Track view to the Track Inspector.
- Extra Encoding Options was missing a keyboard accelerator.
- Insert Tracks dialog had incorrect or missing accelerator keys.
- Paste | Advanced dialog had missing accelerator keys.
- Arpeggiator user interface would remain on after an instrument track was frozen.
- Arpeggiator widget group would not appear unless FX Bin was also enabled.
- Extra root notes played quietly when using "Rhythms" presets.
- Arpeggiator introduced random, flammed or doubled notes when using some pattern-based presets.
- Open Preset dialog did not always remember last folder location.
- Velocity control had slightly different behavior for Rhythm Only shapes.
- Clicking Set Clip from Project would sometimes cause SONAR to crash under specific conditions.
- SONAR would sometimes crash when choosing 'Set Measure/Beat at Now'.
- Improved results using Threshold control.
- MIDI events could not be quantized in the AudioSnap Pool.
- MIDI events would not snap to transients in the AudioSnap Pool.
- Tab to Transients in the PRV always followed the first track rather than the selected track.
- Using Copy as MIDI would paste notes at 100% duration, making it difficult to work with.
- Clicking AudioSnap Enable/Disable button would sometimes hide the waveform of the clip.
- AudioSnap Enable did not light up in the palette after selecting "Edit Clip Map".
- The AudioSnap Palette would always re-open on the primary monitor, even when closed from a secondary monitor.
- Drag/scroll did not work with the Transient Tool when selecting transient markers off screen.
- When adding envelope nodes at transient markers, nodes were created for disabled markers.
- SONAR would temporarily hang when adding envelope nodes at transients.
- After splitting a clip with transient markers on, markers on right-side clip remained on after switching tools.
- Transient markers sometimes appeared on Groove Clips.
- Transient markers were not displayed on frozen clips after freezing an instrument track.
- Projects sometimes took a very long time to load, due to AudioSnap performing tempo detection on load.
- Tempo detection is now performed on a clip the first time an AudioSnap command is applied to a clip.
- Duplicate tempo candidates sometimes appeared in the Average Tempo list.
- SONAR was not always able to copy the clip tempo to the project tempo when choosing "Set Project from Clip" if the selected clip was at the start of a project.
- F1 Help did not always open for the AudioSnap Palette.
- Automation envelopes were sometimes excluded when copying data from instrument tracks.
- Clip automation envelopes were sometimes deleted from a clip when an overlapping clip on another layer was deleted.
- Copying clips with clip envelopes into tracks with layers sometimes caused the clip envelopes to stop working.
- Automation Write button in synth plug-in header did not always arm all automatable parameters.
- External Insert did not always properly compensate for latency while recording.
- Under some circumstances, Channel Tools would cause overs and stop the audio engine.
- For VX-64, PX-64 & TL-64, changing parameters from a control surface did not update the graphics in the UI.
- VX-64 & PX-64 dynamics and delay modules would sometimes lose their settings on sampling rate changes.
- Dragging nodes in LP-64 EQ during playback would sometimes crash SONAR.
- 'Half Rack' Plug-ins from Project5:
- Were sometimes not installed correctly in Studio Edition.
- Did not work/play sound in all x64 configurations.
- Did not always display at the correct size.
- Cakewalk MIDI FX plug-in controls did not display properly.
- BitMeter plug-in was not installing correctly in SONAR Studio.
- Projects containing Fantom VS or ARX editors did not always load properly in Windows Vista.
- Tooltips were missing for Solo and Step Sequencer buttons in the SONAR plug-in header strip.
- Bus input trim sometimes became inactive after bouncing, freezing or creating a V-Vocal clip in a project.
- Non-default pan laws were not always applying the appropriate gains.
- SONAR sometimes glitched when enabling or disabling delay compensated plug-ins during playback.
- Process | Audio | Reverse flatlined 64-bit audio files on x64.
- Project files saved with Groove Clip slice edits did not always load the edits back in.
- MIDI Echo no longer worked for Drum Maps.
- the default latency for WDM/KS devices has now been lowered to 30msec from 100msec.
- In the Event List, changing value or type of events caused the view to scroll to the top.
- In the Piano Roll View, lassoing notes while zoomed in caused redraw problems and erratic selection behavior.
- Improved overall stability on PC's using older AMD processors that do not support SSE2.
- Assignable controls did not work for synths patched in an FX Bin.
- SONAR sometimes crashed when inserting a VSTi with 'All Synth Outputs' checked in the Insert Synth dialog.
- Insert Synth dialog did not remember settings across sessions.
- Synth Rack could not be minimized when several other views were opened and maximized.
- Floating windows could not be disabled for some views.
- Projects containing Arturia Mood Modular V2.5 sometimes loaded with a compatibility warning.
- Disk and CPU meters sometimes exceeded 100%.
- Inserting track templates containing instrument tracks sometimes played at a lower volume than when saved.
- Pasting MIDI data to/from an instrument track sometimes created a new MIDI track.
- Capturing to the Track View now obeys Matrix row mutes and solos.
- Capturing to the Track View did not always work correctly for cells that were looping if the source clip was not a Groove Clip.
- When capturing to the Track View, sometimes triggering a new cell to toggle off a previously playing cell did not turn off the capture from the previous cell.
- Matrix View sometimes dropped the first buffer on triggering an audio cell and played an extra buffer after triggering the cell off.
- Under certain conditions, MIDI cells missed the first note when triggered.
- Pending cells would get triggered when enabling 'Sync to SONAR Transport'.
- Cells did not stop when in 'Transport Sync' mode if the metronome was enabled.
- When not set to 'Follow Transport', triggering a cell for the first time did not always start immediately.
- When set to 'Follow Transport', stopping SONAR sometimes did not stop all cells in the Matrix.
- Cells would not retrigger when Global Retrigger mode was on and Global Loop mode was off.
- On some occasions, scrollbars did not always appear when rows containing populated cells were off screen.
- Cell progress indicators were not always indicating the exact playback position of the cell.
- Multiple clips could not be simultaneously drag-dropped from the Track View into the Matrix.
- Did not support type 1 MIDI files.
- Timing and performance optimizations.
- Presets did not function properly in non-English OS's.
- Presets pointing to folders under "My Documents" did not function properly on Windows 7.
- No longer continues to play selected clip(s) after dragging into the Matrix View.
- Preview Bus list did not update for renamed buses.
- Improved stability with multiple projects opened simultaneously.
Session Drummer 3
- Opening and closing the controller pane when scrolled down in the view caused the view to scroll to the top.
- With multiple rows selected, changing a parameter in one row sometimes changed all parameters in other rows as well.
- Velocities could not be edited for newly-created steps while the velocity lane was open.
- Velocities could no longer be edited after changing the number of beats in the pattern.
- Edit controls pop-up did not appear correctly on screen when scrolled down the view.
- Tooltips did not display the parameter/value as the control was dragged.
- MIDI CC's in controller pane did not display the CC number.
- Did not always retain New Value Types added to the controller pane.
- Flammed steps played back inconsistently when per-step probability was less than 100%.
- Clearing all steps sometimes did not clear probability settings.
- Patterns with a time offset on the last step would sometimes hang the last note.
- Step Sequencer sometimes opened on previously selected track rather than selected track.
- Inserting a new row in a Step Sequencer attached to an unlinked Step Sequencer clip could cause SONAR to crash under certain conditions.
- The Step Sequencer view sometimes expanded after deleting a row.
- Looping the Step Sequencer with Reason 4 sometimes dropped notes after looping.
- Performance optimizations.
- There was a memory leak in Session Drummer 3 upon opening and closing projects.
- In French version of SONAR, some SD3 kits played at +12dB to +20dB too loud.
- On Windows 7 x64, closing and opening the UI during playback sometimes caused SD3 to no longer play audio.
- Various content issues with the following kits:
- Steven Slate Kits:
- StevenSlate_OldZepKit_Dry and StevenSlate_SizzleKit_Dry had cutoff problems when quiet notes followed loud notes.
- StevenSlate_SizzleKit_Dry hi hats were not grouped.
- Dry kits weren't choking the hi hats properly.
- Sidesticks weren't full velocity sensitive and did not play properly at low velocities.
- Crash cymbals and toms were cutting themselves off.
- Toms were not correctly descending in pitch from Note 50 down to the lowest Floor Tom.
- Sonic Reality Kits:
- Some side stick sounds didn't have full velocity scaling; a very low velocity would trigger a loud sound.
- Some open hi-hats sounded like pedal hats, and had excessive low frequency content.
- Snares were monophonic; hitting a snare twice would produce an unexpected cutoff sound.
- Some snare rolls played too slow.
- PremrTimbaleKit: Right Hand Snare, Note 40, and Right Hand Low Snare, note 43, at high velocity, had an audible click in the right speaker.
- ClassicRock Kit: Crash Cymbal on Note 49 triggered a Bell hit of the Cymbal rather than a normal Crash Cymbal.
- Blues Kit: The Snare Roll samples had an audible hissing noise.
- BritRock Kit: The Snare Roll had an audible clicking on the attack.
- RingBeats Kit:
- There was an audible hissing noise in the Snare Roll.
- There was audible clicking in some velocity layers of the Snare Roll.
- SideStick had doubled/flamed hits towards the upper velocities.
- TR-707 had missing floor tom sample.
- TR-808_bright had missing low cymbal sample.
- DarkLordOfTheSethKits: sidestick was not fully velocity sensitive.
- NPulse kit contained some samples with extra hits at the very end.
- Groovy Kit Brushes Note 39 played the wrong sample.
- Archived folders did not preserve Mute and Solo states.
- Set Snap Offset to Now Time did not always persist the offset in clip properties.
- Bouncing multiple Groove Clips that were split and moved sometimes yielded unpredictable results.
- Groove Clips starting at Measure 1 played back incorrectly after the start time was adjusted.
- SONAR sometimes did not draw clip waveforms for long WAVE64 audio files.
- Improved stability with Groove Clips.
- Video sometimes did not maintain sync while looping in project.
- Video was out of sync when using the audio metronome count-in.
- Video lost sync when changing Now Time during playback.
- WMV videos are sometimes displayed upside down when first imported into SONAR in Windows Vista or Windows 7.
KVR Audio, Inc.