Ichiro Toda updates Synth1 to v1.11
9th May 2010
Ichiro Toda has updated Synth1 to v1.11.
Changes in v1.11:
- Sound Engine:
- The sub oscillator was added:
- The same pitch as oscillator1 or one octave under can be selected.
- When OSC1 is eight multiple unison, the sub-oscillator becomes similar, too.
- FM modulation also influences the sub-oscillator as well as OSC1.
- The sub-oscillator doesn't influence the AM modulation.
- When the amount of the sub-oscillator is raised, the entire volume is automatically adjusted not to grow.
- The wave pulse of the sub-oscillator always becomes a square wave regardless of a pulse width parameter.
- The saw wave was changed from rising type to the descent type:
- To operate the sub-oscillator effectively, it changed.
- The amplitude value by 0 phases changed from 0 to +1.
- The accuracy of the envelope of Amplifier has been improved.
- The limiter algorithm of Filter is changed, and the noise has been improved only a little.
- The performance of OSC1 at eight unisons has been improved a little.
- System requirements:
- It did not operate in CPU that did not support SSE2:
- It seems to cause the expansion of the source code when keeping supporting it any further. To our regret, it was assumed operation off the subject.
- The error message is displayed in the upper part of the panel when operating with CPU that doesn't correspond, and the sound is not generated.
- Small improvement and change of GUI:
- A part of objection of the parameter name was corrected.
- The patch selection window etc. were shut with the escape key.
- Problem of operation of sustaining pedal.
- Problem that old FM setting value remained at voice trigger.
- Problem that loudness at unison has changed in old version.
- Problem that gain knob of Amplifier did not occasionally work.
- Problem that patch change with program change spin button was not made good after it writes it in another bank.
- Problem with thing that Synth1 window flickers according to environment.
- Problem that position where parameter selection window etc. are displayed does clip to primary monitor in multi-monitor environment.
Changes in 1.10:
- The switch which chose the right or wrong of the patch choice from the VST host GUI was added to an optional dialogue:
- The phenomenon that patch choice mechanism of the VST host side became unstable in occurred frequently. It is the result that expanded the number of the banks to 100. The switch is a thing to avoid this phenomenon.
- When this switch is on, tone choice is possibility from the VST host GUI; (as before). However, depending on the VST host, a patch is not chosen, and there is a thing kept waiting for several seconds.
- When this switch is off, you cannot choose a patch from VST host GUI. However, the trouble mentioned above does not occur.
- It is by default off.
- Bug Fix:
- The problem that ping pong delay did not become effective.
- The problem that failed in the conversion of the patch of Synth1 of the old version.
- The problem that a patch name did not synchronize with a VST host between Synth1 well.
- When did over of a mouse in voice status; the problem that mouse shape became the hand shape.
KVR Audio, Inc.