MusicDevelopments updates RapidComposer (and LE) to v1.5
24th January 2011
MusicDevelopments has announced a major update of RapidComposer and RapidComposer LE, the music prototyping application. The update improves the editing workflow, and contains features not found in other DAWs, like changing chord notes visually with instantly updated phrases and notes.
Enhancements and bug fixes in the update:
- Chord notes are displayed in the piano roll and can be edited (drag to move, Right Ctrl+doubleclick to create/remove).
- It is possible to save the internal state of a VSTi plug-in as an instrument that you can use later even if the plug-in does not expose any presets.
- Piano roll view options can be set per track with new ways of coloring and shading notes.
- The composite track has its own view settings.
- Articulation names can be displayed above notes and phrases (not in LE version).
- Percussion note can be specified for percussion tracks.
- Draw freehand parameter envelopes by holding down Ctrl.
- New 'Help.' button displays detailed editing help.
- Stop button serves as Panic. button when pressed with the right mouse button and mutes all audio.
- Swing division can be specified.
- Demo period starts for each update, crash fixed when expired.
- Bug fix: audio phrases did not play if the beginning of the audio was before the project start.
- Bug fix: host transport state is correctly reported to VSTi plug-ins.
KVR Audio, Inc.