Tekky Synths releases ZeNeRyC
10th March 2011
Tekky Synths has released ZeNeRyC, a new VSTi synth plug-in for Windows dedicated to Psytrance.
ZeNeRyC has been developed to work in symbiosis with Tekky Synths' bass synth PsYbAsSyX. The user can save and load sequences and a few other parameters from one synth to the other, and vice-versa. This feature enables the user to lock bass grooves and synth lines together.
ZeNeRyC comes in 4 versions:
- FREE (Basic OSC waveforms, plus the 2x SAW OSC, no MIDI learn on few controls, no sequence lock with PsYbAsSyX).
- LIGHT (€30) (Same structure as the free version plus the 9 voices detuned OSC and MIDI learn on all controls, no sequence lock with PsYbAsSyX).
- CUSTOMER (a gift for all future Tekky Synth customers whatever the product purchased, except sample banks. ZeNeRyC comes with one OSC section only, no sequence lock with PsYbAsSyX, no StepLFO filter modulation and different randomisation options).
- PRO (€65) (all features).
- 2x OSC: Saw, 2xSaw, Square, Ramp, 9 voices detuned saw.
- 1x tuner per OSC with random.
- 1x detune knob for detuned OSC.
- 1x amp decay per OSC.
- 1x detune knob for all OSC waveforms.
- 1x gain knob per OSC.
- 1x multi-state filter per OSC: Low, High, Band Pass, Band Reject, Peak, cutoff, resonance, pitch tracking.
- 1x free running LFO for pitch modulation per OSC with speed and depth.
- Haas effect signal processor.
- Sequencer has adjustable speed (normal/half), adjustable number of steps (up to 16), shift note, transpose, 8 lock 'n' Recall memory slots, random notes and init pattern. Can be turned on/off with any CC and patterns can also be selected with any CC (thru MIDI learn).
- Groover: with adjustable timing, 16 steps, shift left/right, random, 8 lock 'n' recall memory slots. Can be turned on/off with any CC and patterns can also be selected with any CC (thru MIDI learn).
- New global functions for sequencer and groover: global shift left/right, random all and alter pattern.
- 1x ADSR amp envelope.
- 1x master gain.
- 1x master detuner.
- 1x master multi-pole filter(12&24dB) with variable state, invert env, cutoff, resonance, pitch tracking, Low freq cut, and a signal boost.
- 1x StepLFO filter modulation controlled by the master filter envelope: with adjustable timing, 16 steps, shift left/right, random, 8 lock 'n' recall memory slots. Can be turned on/off with any CC and patterns can also be selected with any CC (thru MIDI learn).
- Fx section with phaser, distortion, stereo widener/boost, flanger, chorus, reverb and BPM delay.
- Preset manager to save/load/copy/paste preset settings from one slot to another.
- New preset manager feature: user can load/export sequencer patterns (pitch and groove) from/to PsYbAsSyX. Just copy the actual preset and paste it to the desired synth.
- Intuitive random chain operation to create new presets: a total of 9 different random groups have been created to let the user built patches. The patch elaboration can follow the progressive 4 last steps to achieve the end result. Using any of these groups in a different sequence leads to an alteration of the original patch. The last group applies a complete random to the synth:
- Individual OSC pitch and waveform random.
- Individual OSC filter random.
- Individual OSC without LFO random.
- Full individual OSC random.
- Both OSCs detune, waveform and decay random.
- both OSCs filter random.
- Master filter and master filter envelope random.
- All FXs random.
- Complete new MIDI learn system implementation (now works in Cubase5):
- Right click any knob.
- Move hardware controller.
- CC learned.
- Double right click.
- Knob is free of any CC.
- Now allows sequencer, groover and filter's StepLFO on/off toggle.
- Allows pattern selection with CC.
- New double-click on knobs to restore default value.
KVR Audio, Inc.