apulSoft WormHole v1.2 released (inc. Windows)
2nd October 2004
apulSoft WormHole, a VST/AU plug-in to send audio streams over a local network, has been upgraded to v1.2 which also sees the release of the first version for Windows. It is now possible to transmit audio between Macs and PCs over TCP/IP! Additionally, WormHole's latency has been reduced to a very playable amount and it is now totally AU compliant.
- Audio plugin for Mac OS X (AU/VST) & Windows (VST).
- Transmits 32 Bit audio over TCP/IP.
- Low Latency on a LAN.
- One 44 kHz Mono Channel requires 175 kByte/sec.
- Works with any Network Interface (Ethernet, Firewire, Airport).
- Works with any Audio Units/VST host such as Logic, Cubase SX, Live 3, Digital Performer 4.1, Soundtrack, Metro, etc.
- Can be used on a single machine to send audio between applications or to send audio between multiple computers.
Wormhole costs $25 USD and demo versions are available. If you purchase a license you may install and use copies on all
computers you own!
- Only two IP addresses can be stored in the preferences.
- There's only one WormHole channel.
- Audio gets muted for a bit every few seconds.
KVR Audio, Inc.