Arturia announces ARP2600 V
28th October 2004
Arturia has announced their next plug-in - the ARP2600 V, a reproduction of what is widely regarded as one of the finest analog synthesizers ever made, the ARP 2600.
Introduced in 1972 with its "Blue Meanie" version, the ARP 2600 has evolved over the years to become a synthesizer celebrated by respected musicians. Capable of creating amazing sounds thanks to the exclusive ARP technologies, it can be operated with or without patch cords since all of the functions are internally wired and can be controlled via sliders and switches.
With the ARP2600 V, Arturia brings this powerful semi-modular synthesizer back to life. Offering all the features of the original version, Arturia has added new functions such as MIDI control, polyphony, and, hidden behind the speaker panels, tracking generators and additional effects.
- 3 voltage-controlled oscillators. The second oscillator can modulate either the first two oscillators or the filter.
- Low pass resonant filter.
- 1 LFO that can be synchronized to the tempo of the host sequencer.
- 1 Sample and Hold.
- Env 1: ADSR; Env 2: AR; 1 Envelope follower.
- 1 Ring Modulator.
- 1 Noise Generator.
- 1 ARP original sequencer.
- 1 Tracker / interactive LFO exclusive module allowing to create new kinds of modulations in real time.
- ARP2500 multi-mode 12 dB filter including the very special notch / low shelf filter combination.
- Possibility to synchronize Osc1 and Osc2.
- 1 Chorus.
- 1 Stereo Delay (synchronized via MIDI).
- Updated voltage processors that you can now use either as inverters, mixers or lag processors.
- New keyboard following management.
- Polyphony from 2 to 32 voices, with Unison.
- More than 400 presets easily accessible through the ergonomic browser.
- All parameters can be controlled via MIDI.
ARP2600 V will include over 400 presets and runs on both Mac OS X and Windows as a standalone application or plug-in (VST, RTAS, HTDM, DXi and Audio Units).
KVR Audio, Inc.