u-he Filterscape announced
7th December 2004
u-he has announced Filterscape (and Filterscape VA and Filterscape Q6) which they cunningly describe as a flexible sound bending plug-in, a parametric equalizer, a virtual analog filter, a delay effect, and a modulation device!
A fully functional preview version for MacOS X Audio Units is available for download right now, with the full version scheduled for release in January 2005, costing US$129. However, if you want to save $50 you can take advantage of the pre-order offer and get Filterscape for US$79 until Christmas 2004. A VST version for MacOS X and Windows are also planned.
Filterscape at a glance:
- Morphing EQ curves, for seamless spectral transitions.
- 2 State Variable Filters with mixable outputs for lowpass bandpass, highpass and notch, all with individual panning.
- Step Sequencers, Envelope Followers, LFOs, MIDI provide for evolving and rhythmic effects.
- Tempo synced delay - EQ and filters can act on the feedback path.
- Flexible, semi-modular routing, including 2 Mixers with modulatable panning.
- Hundreds of parameters, yet easy and fun to use.
- Visual feedback for all important modulations.
- Excellent sound quality, yet CPU friendly.
KVR Audio, Inc.