CodeFN42 updates RandARP for Windows to v1.20 (freeware)
18th March 2015
CodeFN42 has updated RandARP to version 1.20.
RandARP is a VST plug-in arpeggiator with many randomization features, allowing incoming notes or chords to be manipulated in various rhythmic ways. All standard arpeggiator parameters like number of octaves, note length and note order are included, but the plug-in also offers complete randomization of the velocity, gate, shift and swing parameters.
In addition, a user can specify a note probability and randomize the note order, the octave order, and the number of octaves. All the randomization features are designed to allow a user to create more interesting and unpredictable arpeggiated sequences.
- Length parameter renamed to Rate.
- Added a free rate mode, not synced to the host's tempo/grid. Use the new Speed parameter to scale the step length from 0.25x and up 4x of the arpeggiator rate. For example, if Rate is 1/8 and Speed is 0.50, the length of each step is now a quarter note. If Rate is 1/8 and Speed is 2, the length of each step a sixteenth note. But you can of course use Speed to set up a step length to be in-between standard rates, for example 1.10 which will give you a step rate that is 10% faster than the selected rate.
- Added 3 new random options: Note Order/Random Once, Note Order/Random Oct Once and Octave Order/Random Once. This will create a random pattern, but repeat this pattern until the input notes changes.
- In all right-click popup menus showing parameters values, the highest value is now shown at the top of the menu.
- Fixed: Various timing issues.
- Fixed: Plugin would crash/plugin window not display on some Windows installations.
- Fixed: Problem setting parameter values with mouse in Ableton and Bitwig.
KVR Audio, Inc.