Pioneer announces Toraiz AS-1 Synth (based on DSI Prophet-6)
19th January 2017
Pioneer has announced AS-1, the second musical instrument in their Toraiz range, a monophonic analog synthesizer. Its intuitive controls include parameter knobs that let you make both subtle and dramatic changes to the tone of your music to create your own personalised sound. Plus you can use the touchpad-style keyboard and slider to manipulate sounds during performances.
The Toraiz AS-1 is driven by a fully programmable, true analogue synthesis engine based on the discrete analogue circuitry in Dave Smith Instruments' Prophet-6 synthesizer. It also inherits 7 on-board effects from the Prophet-6 synth as well as a brand new digital distortion.
- Collaboration with Dave Smith: Working closely with Dave Smith himself, Pioneer have created a synth that produces powerful analogue sound.
- Prophet-6 analogue sound: The AS-1 is based on the same analogue filters as Dave Smith's renowned Prophet-6 synthesiser. It has 2 voltage-controlled oscillators (VCO) with continuously-variable triangle, sawtooth, and pulse wave shapes. Sculpt your sound using the 2 voltage-controlled filters (VCF), a 4-pole, resonant low-pass filter that can self-oscillate, and a 2-pole, resonant high-pass filter.
- Full programmability: Use the Toraiz AS-1 to create one-of-a-kind sounds using 2 VCOs, 2 VCFs, and VCA, 2 EGs and 1 LFO, then save each sound and its parameter settings as a program so you can instantly access it later.
- 495 presets: The 495 preset programmes each have a different sound and 64-step sequence that can be edited separately. You can also save up to 495 of your own programmes in the 5 user banks.
- Prophet-6 FX: Be creative with the Prophet-6-derived dual FX engine and use a single effect or pair 2 together to add extra texture to your sounds. FX includes Bucket Brigade Delay, Distortion, Ring Modulation, Chorus and Maestro Phaser.
- Keyboard & scale mode: The Toraiz AS-1 will make sure your performance is in perfect harmony as you perform the sounds you create with the touchpad keyboard or change the notes assigned to the keys with Scale Mode.
- Slider: Add dynamic changes to your performance by using the slider to manipulate 7 different parameters. Change the pitch of 2 oscillators, adjust the amount of FX and more.
Release is expected in March. Price TBA.
KVR Audio, Inc.