Kotkas releases Paax 2 Pro
21st July 2005
Kotkas has released the "pro" version of their free VST sampler Paax 2
Paax 2 Pro Features:
- 128 simultaneous mono/stereo voices.
- Loads 8/16/24/32 bit mono/stereo wav files.
- Imports SoundFonts (.sf2) and AKAI S5000/6000 programs (.akp); convert to proprietary (enhanced) banks.
- MicroGranular pitch-shifting option. Transpose sounds without affecting their duration/timbre.
- Access to the advanced control panel, for tweaking each split-layer-channel.
- Up to 4 stereo VST outputs with individual attenuation and pan controls. Different splits can be routed to separate outputs.
- Up to 8 configurable stereo effect units (4 pairs, one per VST output).
- 3 envelope controls (DAHDSR) per split-layer-channel: amplitude, pitch and filter cutoff.
- 3 configurable LFOs per split-layer-channel: tremolo, vibrato and filter cutoff with optional delays.
- 128 presets per bank.
- 84 splits per preset and 8 dual, independent or cross-fading velocity-layers (16 samples) per split.
- All envelopes and oscillators can be synchronized to MIDI tempo.
- Bank format offers choice for embedded or referenced samples.
Paax 2 Pro costs US$29.90.
KVR Audio, Inc.