Bremmers Audio Design updates MultitrackStudio to v8.4
14th August 2017
Bremmers Audio Design has released version 8.4 of MultitrackStudio for Mac and Windows.
- Windows 10: audio playback device can be used in 'shared mode', so other programs can use it while MultitrackStudio is running.
- Windows 7 and newer: .m4a files are now supported (you can open them and export to .m4a).
- Windows 7 and newer: existing AAC/AC3/MP4/WMA files can be used.
- Mac: can now save to .m4a 'everywhere' (rather than just in the Mix Down window).
- Mac: added 'lossless' to the list of .m4a file qualities. This creates a 16-bits Apple Lossless ('ALAC') file.
- Windows 8 and newer: An mp3 encoder is no longer required in order to export to mp3.
- Native support for PreSonus FaderPort remote control.
- VST plugin folder (s) can be rescanned by pressing F5 (Windows) / Cmd+R (Mac) in effect/instrument selector.
- Touchscreen (Windows): Redesigned editor user interface: The mode buttons have been removed. A selector now appears on touching an editor, and you can pick an action by moving your finger in that direction. Editors can now be scrolled at any time without having to worry about the mode buttons. MIDI and automation editors now always use 'handles' to move notes/dots.
- Sampler: improved SFZ import (now supports 'default_path').
- MultitrackStudio Remote and 'Web Browser' remote controls can now handle more than 128 mixer sections.
- Automated Fader / automation editors / MIDI controller editors: dots are easier to grab with the mouse.
- Remote Control Device window: MIDI device selector dropdowns now update if you (un) plug the device.
- Windows: 'Select Devices' window: MIDI device selector dropdowns and WASAPI audio device selector dropdowns now update if you (un) plug the device.
- Time signature can now be edited while transport is running (unless there are recording MIDI tracks).
- Mac: Comment, Lyrics, Chords windows and Lyrics prompter can be zoomed using two finger pinch gesture on trackpad.
- Various editor improvements (both visible and invisible).
- Automated Fader / automation editors / MIDI controller editors: value next to dots didn't always appear correctly.
- Mac: "Mix down to audio file" can now create 48 kHz .m4a files (it always created 44.1 kHz files).
- Various other improvements and fixes.
Users who purchased MultitrackStudio after October 28, 2013 are entitled to lifetime free updates. Older versions can be upgraded: $39 (Pro) / $23 (Standard).
KVR Audio, Inc.