Native Instruments updates Reaktor to v6.2.0 and Maschine to v2.6.8
30th August 2017
Native Instruments has updated Reaktor and the free Reaktor Player to v6.2.0 and Maschine to v2.6.8.
Maschine 2.6.8, a free update for Maschine 2 owners, introduces a monophonic bass synth and an isomorphic keyboard.
The new Maschine bass synth lets users design and shape rich bass tones with intuitive, fun, and fully-automatable controls directly from the hardware. Users will be able to morph seamlessly from sine to saw to square -- and all spots in between – to create their own unique sounds. They can also load presets designed by professional sound designers to get bass tones for any genre, including booming sub-bass or dripping acid. Maschine Jam users can also program the signature glides and accents of classic acid directly from the hardware.
Maschine 2.6.8 also introduces an isomorphic keyboard mode to easily play harmonies and melodies on the Maschine Jam 8x8 grid. In this mode, the notes on the keyboard are only the notes from the scale. Additionally, each chord has its own hand shape – regardless of key – so users don't need to know musical theory to play with perfect pitch. Plus, it's easier to learn and play than on a traditional piano. Users can easily learn the shape for a chord in one key, and use the same shape in another. A chord guide is available as a free, downloadable PDF to help kickstart the learning process.
- Bass Synth for Maschine:
- This is Maschine's first internal synthesizer. You can find all the important parameters for shaping your sound on the first parameter page. On the 2nd page, you can find the glide parameter, which works especially well if you modulate it.
- On Maschine Jam, the upper row of the PIANO ROLL is where you program glides similar to a well known bass synthesizer with internal sequencer. This only works for the Bass Synth.
- Isomorphic keyboard layout for Maschine Jam.
- Maschine Jam now offers an alternative layout to play melodies. It is more intuitive and can be learned easily. Simply touch the encoder while in KEYBOARD mode to expose the on-screen overlay and set the PAD LAYOUT parameter to "ISOMORPH".
- Maschine crashed in rare cases while saving a project.
- Maschine Jam could freeze when switching instances while using the smart strips.
- Maschine Jam PERFORM FX potentially stayed engaged when changing group focus while using PERFORM FX.
- In some cases the Randomizer did not respect the set scale.
This update enables third-party instrument builders to release commercial products for Reaktor and free Reaktor Player - including IP protection of the respective devices, convenient installation, licensing and browsing.
Additionally, the product demo functionality has been overhauled and now allows the use of both licensed and unlicensed content within one ensemble.
- Added: Structure locking for third-party products.
- Added: Sample protection for third-party products.
- Added: Native Access activation callback.
- Changed: Player tab is able to sort Products by vendor.
- Improved: Demo screen rebuilt - ability to display multiple products and their demo time.
- Fixed: Capslock enabled prevents deletion of modules with delete key.
- Fixed: Deletion in "searchbox" deletes whole unmarked word instead of one character.
- Fixed: No MIDI QWERTY input after renaming of bookmark.
- Fixed: Performance regression when using Resynth, Graincloud and Pitchformer modules.
- Fixed: Drag & drop of primary module files into structure.
KVR Audio, Inc.