Blue Cat Audio releases Blue Cat's Plug'n Script 3.0 Audio and MIDI Scripting Plug-In
17th October 2017
Blue Cat Audio has released Plug'n Script 3.0, a new version of their scripting plug-in that can be programmed to create custom audio and MIDI effects or virtual instruments inside most Digital Audio Workstations (DAW).
Initially released in 2014, Plug'n Script V3 has now evolved into an integrated audio plug-ins development environment, with a new graphical user interface designed for streamlined workflow and VST plug-in export capabilities.
The plug-in is available alone or as part of Blue Cat's Crafters Pack, a bundle designed for creative people who care about tools that adapt to their own workflow: it includes Blue Cat Audio's software to build a custom audio and MIDI toolbox.
New in Blue Cat's Plug'n Script 3.0:
- New GUI design, with improved usability and touchscreen support, fully zoomable.
- Scripts can now be exported as independent VST plug-ins.
- A user can customize the user interface in the plug-in (no code required), or write their own layout for each script.
- Separate player and editor modes for optimal workflow.
- Parameters display format can now be set by scripts.
- Retina displays support on Mac (high resolution for text and vector graphics).
- Changed demo limitations: up to 5 instances allowed, bypass time changed to half a second, and bypass parameter is not affected anymore.
- New installer on Mac.
- New version of the Angelscript engine (2.31.1).
- Fully compatible with previous versions of the plug-in. Warning: changed the identifier of the VST3 version on Mac. See this post for more details: www.bluecataudio.com/Blog/tip-of-the-day/vst3-plugin-id-changes-on-mac
- Fixed minor issues on Mac OS High Sierra (www.bluecataudio.com/Blog/community/macos-high-sierra-compatibility).
- Fixed native file recorder script issues (file names were not properly generated for rotation).
- Fixed MIDI channel issue with VST3: MIDI channel for note events was offset by one in the VST3 plug-in version.
- Removed specific mono and stereo versions for the VST plug-in - please uninstall previous version first if you do not need them (new installer will not remove them).
- Dropped support for Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.6 and earlier.
- Intel Mac running Mac OS 10.7 or newer.
- PC running Windows Vista or newer.
Price: 79 EUR or $79 (instead of 99 EUR or $99), until November 5th. Upgrade to the new version is free for customers who purchased the plug-in since March 2016, and others can upgrade for a fee (offers received by email). A special introduction price (20% off the plug-in) is available to new customers until November 5th, while registered Blue Cat Audio customers are granted an extra 10% discount during the same period.
KVR Audio, Inc.