Wave Alchemy releases "SYS-100 Drums" Multi-Format Sample Pack
13th February 2018
Wave Alchemy has released SYS-100 Drums, a new drum library featuring a vast collection of unique samples, pristinely recorded from the iconic Japanese semi-modular synth. Each of the 1,584 sounds was created by compositing up to 14 individually synthesised layers and then processing these through a range of outboard gear to result in samples that mesh perfectly into specific bands within every drum sound.
For maximum flexibility the unprocessed source samples are also included as they were originally recorded and composited – free from additional processing, giving you a more malleable sound. A third section includes all samples bounced through ¼ inch analogue tape, and a fourth section includes all samples recorded to 12-inch vinyl, recorded via a classic Neumann VMS 70 vinyl mastering lathe. Finally a fifth folder presents the samples across 38 kits for Halion, Battery, Kontakt, NN-XT, SFZ and Logic EXS-24.
A feature-rich, custom built Ableton Live Pack (for Live 9 and above) is also included with deep Push integration, enabling you to manipulate and modulate the sounds within Live's Drum Rack environment.
Dan Byers from Wave Alchemy says: "Our goal with SYS-100 Drums was to design and create a completely new, original collection of drum sounds that sparks creativity and, in true Wave Alchemy style, punches hard and sounds full of character."
Wave Alchemy SYS-100 includes 1,584 24-bit, 100% royalty-free drum hits arranged into five sections:
- Processed Drum Section
- 396 processed drum and percussive hits in true stereo (with the exception of mono kicks). Every drum is enhanced individually on a sound-by- sound basis using an extensive collection of high-end hardware processors and sound shaping tools.
- 60 beautifully designed kick drums. Full spectrum kicks with constant fundamental pitch, a first in any analogue sample library, allowing kicks to be better tuned to your mix. A selection of super short kicks, delivering maximum punch while leaving space in the mix for other elements.
- 84 snare drums and claps, all beautifully crafted and unique, including dynamically layered sounds covering a wide range of styles.
- 48 cymbals and open hats, created using unique hybrid synthesis techniques from analogue layers. Rich open hi-hats, metallic rides, huge stacked crashes, other-worldly chimes and much more.
- 48 abstract percussion and hand drums. Creative abstract percussion, hand drums, tribal-like hits, synthetic bongos, congas and more.
- 60 hats and shakers. Wide shakers, stacked closed hats and everything in between.
- 48 blocks, cows and noise. Esoteric blocks, bells, small percussion, powerful analogue noise hits from the synth's pink and white noise generators, lush cowbells and various stacked creative percussion sounds.
- 24 toms. Unique, full-bodied analogue toms covering deep, synthetic, punchy and organic.
- 24 atmospheres. A collection of analogue drones, sweeps, abstract textures, lush sound beds and more.
- Unprocessed Drum Section
- 396 24-bit unprocessed drum and percussive hits, includes all of the raw unprocessed source samples as they were originally recorded and composited, without enhancement.
- Tape Drum Section
- 396 24-bit 'tape processed' drum and percussive hits, includes all samples bounced through a ¼ inch Studer A80 MK1 analogue tape machine for added character, tone, warmth and punch.
- Vinyl Drum Section
- 396 24-bit 'Vinyl processed' drum and percussive hits, includes all samples bounced to 12-inch Vinyl, recorded via a classic Neumann VMS 70 vinyl mastering lathe.
- Drum Kits
- 38 ready-to-play drum kits, conveniently mapped to the Battery, Halion, Kontakt, NN-XT, SFZ, Logic EXS-24 sampler formats.
A video demonstrating the new SYS-100 Drums sample collection with Push 2 and Ableton Live: YouTube.com/watch?v=PZmWH4ruQpY
KVR Audio, Inc.