Deskew Technologies updates Gig Performer to v2.5 - enhances support for Thunderbolt 3 audio interfaces on Windows
22nd August 2018
Deskew Technologies has updated Gig Performer, its VST/AU audio plugin host for Mac and Windows users, to version 2.5.
Gig Performer is designed to be quick and easy to use for musicians who don't want technology to get in their way but need the right functionality to support their working and touring lives easier.
Here is what's new in this release:
- Enhanced compatibility for some Thunderbolt audio interface under Windows.
- The splashscreen can be dragged out of the way to expose an unexpected dialog in Windows.
- Increased the maximum audio tail length to 10 seconds.
- Added more options for associating/updating program changes with variations.
- Added more support for plugins that take unusually long to validate.
- Improved progress reporting while scanning.
- You can now use [rackspace] in a label widget and the label will display the current rackspace.
- Rig Manager aliases are now displayed as sorted in the drop-down list for associating aliases with a widget.
- Fixed bug where removing a block right after resetting the audio engine might result in a crash.
- Fixed problem where some Audio File Player properties were not being restored.
- Fixed problem where duplicating a block would duplicate the OSC/GPScript handle as well.
- Fixed bug to prevent extra spaces from being used in alias names.
- Fixed problem where "momentary" flag for global MIDI commands was being reset after applying a new Rig.
- Fixed problem where changing parameters directly in VSTs might not always update the associated widget.
- Fixed a problem where widgets didn't update if you change a plugin preset.
- Fixed a problem where widgets could become unresponsive to incoming MIDI after an audio panic.
- Fixed a problem where absurdly tiny widgets could crash GP.
- OSC handling of the /Note message was broken.
- Added a Playhead state callback (beat level only for now).
- Added ScheduleMIDIEvent function which allows MIDI events scheduled into the future to be processed by the MIDIInBlock when they trigger.
- The AutoSustainer object can now automatically leverage MIDIIn plugin parameter settings.
- AutoSustainer now remembers what MIDI channel is being used and sends Stop messages using that channel.
- Added function to return the state of the modifier keys.
- Fixed a type error in the ParamToMidiEx function declaration.
- Boolean arrays are now supported.
- Improved the error message you get if a widget referenced in a script doesn't actually exist in the rackspace.
- Arrays of MIDIMessages are now supported.
Gig Performer 2.5 can be downloaded directly from our website.
KVR Audio, Inc.