eXtream Software Development updates Audio Evolution Mobile Studio for iOS to v2.0.5
18th October 2018
eXtream Software Development has updated its mobile DAW for iOS, Audio Evolution Mobile Studio, to version 2.0.5, featuring track freezing to reduce CPU usage on complex projects.
- Audio and instrument tracks can now be 'frozen' to reduce CPU usage. The rendered audio track will be inserted after the frozen track. The frozen track will have its instrument and effects unloaded and cannot be changed until it is unfrozen again.
- MIDI events from AU instruments like iFretless are now recorded on iOS11 and higher.
- The CPU usage meter now decreases slowly like a volume meter giving a more meaningful indication.
- Added a setting 'Stop on CPU overload' which stops playback after a short while of constant CPU overload. Defaults to true.
- The data source for the internal mic can now be selected (depending on the device this could be front, bottom, back).
- AUv3 instruments that overload now stop processing until the next playback.
- Files with a format other than WAV, AIFF and FLAC are now converted to WAV upon import.
- The 'Keep' option in the MIDI input dialog was not saved in the project. Solved.
- Exporting stems or performing mix-down can now be canceled.
- Solved a crash when trying to play while rendering stems was in process.
- The progress bar indicator when exporting stems or performing mix-down was incorrect. Solved.
- Exporting stems with automation on the track(s) could result in the wrong automation being used. Solved.
Price: $7.99 from the App Store.
KVR Audio, Inc.