Aly James Lab releases VSDSX v2.0 adding 64-bit and Mac support (Virtual Simmons Drums System Extended)
24th April 2019
Aly James Lab has released version 2.0 of the VSDSX (Virtual Simmons Drums System Extended) plugin adding native 64-bit support and native Mac AudioUnits format. This is a completely new version of the drum synth.
- Cross Platform capability (Windows VST2/VST3 and Mac AU (AudioUnits).
- 64-bit build using latest OS and IDE(Windows 10 VisualStudio and Mac Mojave Xcode).
- Updated GUI(graphic Interface).
- Refined HIHAT and CYMBAL modules (more detailed sound process, better envelopes, more accurate sound source and features).
- PROM voice now supports any EPROM image size without the need to specify it beforehand, it can also decode U255 companded & Linear PCM formats.
- VSDSX now have MIDI Mapping capability, you can create a custom map to assign sounds to any MIDI notes you want (2 per voice) and save the config globally.
- New additional CLAP voice closely based on the iconic Simmons Digital ClapTrap from 1982 with additional controls and modulation capabilities, also provided is an entire dedicated Claptrap plugin with stereo widening capability using two emulated voices running with EPROM clock and filter offsets.
- Additional modulation source VEL 2 MOD which use velocity to adjust the LFO modulation amount(per voice).
- Global option to turn on "OSC Custom" changing all analog oscillators that use the typical analog SDSV shape to use a Sine shape.
- Refined sound engine on many levels and tons of bug fixes.
Price: 45 Euros.
Owners of VSDSX version 1.0 (32-bit Windows only) have an upgrade path you can find here.
KVR Audio, Inc.