Vember Audio releases Surge v1.1
15th March 2006
Vember Audio has released version 1.1 of Surge, which also sees a price reduction to $/€150.
- Updated to support VST2.4.
- Behind the scenes changes to the GUI code. It is now snappier and will no longer lock host VU-meters.
- MIDI channels 4-16 are now treated similar to channel 1 (normal play-mode).
- Added: LFO -> EG retrigger lane on voice LFO1 step-sequencer.
- Added: holding down shift will quantise step-sequencer. on 1/12th steps.
- Added: copy oscillator settings with modulation routings.
- Added: secondary pan control for filter 2 in the stereo (L-R) filter-block configuration (has potential to load old patches using the L-R configuration along with panning wrong, but it's unlikely).
- Added: width controls for chorus, delay & reverb effects.
- Added: greater range for FX Sends.
- Improved behaviour at extreme filter cutoff settings.
- More presets (now 681 of them).
Surge is now also available as a 64-bit (x64 binary) version - the installer includes both 32 & 64-bit versions.
KVR Audio, Inc.