rncbc.org updates Vee One Suite and Qtractor for Linux to v0.9.19
19th December 2020
rncbc.org has announced the Winter'20 release of the Vee One Suite version 0.9.19 of old-school software instruments, and Qtractor version 0.9.19, for Linux.
The Vee One Suite is comprised of four separate, autonomous software instruments, which are:
- synthv1 - a polyphonic subtractive synthesizer.
- samplv1 - a polyphonic sampler synthesizer.
- drumkv1 - a drum-kit sampler synthesizer.
- padthv1 - a polyphonic additive synthesizer.
All delivered in two forms:
- A pure stand-alone JACK client with JACK-session, NSM (Non/New Session Management) and both JACK MIDI and ALSA MIDI input support;
- A LV2 instrument plugin.
Changes for this special season release are as follows:
- Better handling of the offset and loop ranges when in presence of very long sample files (applies to samplv1 and drumkv1 only).
- Fixed display of old knob/dial values on status-bar.
- Reduced formant filter coefficient slew rate, aiming to a tenfold DSP performance gain.
- Get a chance on bringing Wayland into the picture when dealing Qt static-linked deliverables.
The Vee One Suite are free, open-source Linux Audio software, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2 or later.
See also: Vee One Suite 0.9.19 - QStuff* Winter'20 Release batch #2
Qtractor version 0.9.19 Changes:
- Session directory auto-name option added to the session properties dialog, as convenience.
- Loading and saving a LV2 plugin's state has been vastly improved. IMPORTANT CAVEAT: From this moment onwards, when loading any newer saved sessions into older versions of the program, all LV2 plugins won't get their state restored correctly.
- Track colors saturation introduced as yet another eye-candy option (cf. View/Options.../Display/Track color saturation).
- Fixed VST3 number of channels query/report.
- Fixed immediate crash when loading untitled or unnamed Instrument Definitions files (*.ins): base file-name is now taken as default instrument definition name or title.
- Tempo (BPM) entry may now be specified with arbitrary precision, to at most 3 decimal positions in fractional part, while integer whole values are displayed with no decimal point.
- Added option to keep MIDI clip editor windows (aka. piano-roll) always on top of the main window (cf. View/Options.../General/Keep editor windows always on top).
- MIDI clip editor status-bar labels are not stretched to whole text size anymore, most specially for the current file complete path.
Qtractor is an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application written in C++ with the Qt framework. Target platform is Linux, where the Jack Audio Connection Kit (JACK) for audio and the Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) for MIDI are the main infrastructures to evolve as a fairly-featured Linux desktop audio workstation GUI, specially dedicated to the personal home-studio.
Qtractor is free, open-source Linux Audio software, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2 or later.
See also: Qtractor 0.9.19 - QStuff* Winter'20 Release batch #3.
KVR Audio, Inc.