Bolder Sounds releases Dolceola Hybrid Keyboard-Zither for Kontakt
25th June 2021
Bolder Sounds has released Dolceola for Kontakt with a 25% discount intro offer until July 15, 2021 ($44.95 instead of $59.95).
The Dolceola is a rare hybrid keyboard-zither instrument manufactured by the Toledo Symphony Company from 1903 to 1907.
- The virtual Dolceola can be played in 2 modes - the first being a traditional 4 octave linear keyboard, the 2nd mode is chordal mode. The chordal mode turns each key in the 2nd octave into chordal assignments of the users choice. These user-assigned chords can then be saved as a preset or bank for future use. The actual Dolceola is played in this manner and this creates a unique sound signature. The Dolceola was intended to be played in the key of Eb. The virtual Kontakt version can be played in any key.
- The Velocity Page allows you to make your own map of the 8 sampled velocity layers with an easy button-interface to turn each layer ON and OFF. These Velocity maps can then be saved as presets.
- An Octave Button creates a virtual octave shifting all samples an octave lower layered against the original pitch.
- 2 Dolceola bonus instruments are included as - Dolceola Harmonics.nki and Dolceola Muted.nki. The Harmonics.nki has each string sampled at the octave harmonic and the Muted.nki features samples with the string muted at the base of the string for a percussive effect.
- Snapshots (presets) are included with each Dolceola instrument.
The full uncompressed size of this library is 1.7 GB. It has been Kontakt compressed for convenience of downloading and rapid loading into Kontakt which totals 828 MB.
This library requires the full retail version of NI Kontakt version 5.5.2 or higher, and has been tested for compatibility in Kontakt 5 & 6.
KVR Audio, Inc.