MESA+ updates ADD to v1.1
11th May 2006
MESA+ has updated ADD to v1.1
- SSE optimization for Intel and AMD processors; CPU usage is much lower and more efficient now.
- The filters in v1.0 used 64 bit for calculation which required masses of memory (around 60 MB) as well as more CPU. In v1.1 all filters have been modified to work at 32 bit. This reduces CPU usage without any audible difference.
- Modulating Pitch has been optimized to further reduce CPU usage
- 106 new soundsets/patches have been included (the boxed version now includes a total of 439 instruments and 57 drumkits).
- The LFOs have been enhanced allowing you to choose per Voice or per Sound. You can select ON/OFF/RETRIG. The RETRIG mode is per voice (as ON was in v1.0). The new ON mode is per Sound. This uses the CPU more efficiently, especially when modulating a lot. This is important in POLY mode where all voices use the same LFO. Note: the default mode is ON (per Sound) – this will make certain soundsets sound different.
- The copy protection has changed from Challenge/Response to Serial Number.
KVR Audio, Inc.