Moog releases Matriarch Firmware Update - New Patching Guide & More
15th March 2023
Moog has released updated firmware for the Matriarch. This update to Moog's paraphonic semi-modular analog synthesizer includes bug fixes, new features based on customer requests, an exploratory patch book, instructional videos, and tutorials to demonstrate the power and flexibility of patching with Matriarch.
Matriarch Firmware v1.3.0 Highlights:
Firmware v1.3.0 introduces a number of updates and new features for Matriarch owners, detailed below. Among MIDI and CV functionality improvements, Matriarch Firmware v1.3.0 adds pitch wheel information to the KB CV output for new modulation opportunities and user-selectable velocity curves to enhance dynamic playing.
Alongside the new firmware, Moog has also released a new custom application for updating firmware on Matriarch, making updates a seamless process for owners. Registered owners may download the new Firmware Updater from their account page on Moog's website:
- MIDI Velocity Curves: This feature allows the user to select a variety of keyboard velocity response curves. There are four options available: base, linear, stretched, and compressed. If you tend to play keys with a harder touch, try switching to linear or stretched to more easily produce softer velocity values. Alternatively, switching to compressed will make it so that higher velocity values are produced with less physical effort.
- Pitch Wheel information added to the KB CV Out: The Pitch Wheel setting will now come out of the KB CV Out alongside the keyboard information. Try using the KB CV Out to modulate the stereo delay time 1 input to create longer delay times when you play higher notes on the keyboard. While holding a note, moving the Pitch Wheel will not only adjust the pitch, but it will now also modulate the delay time.
- Response to the TIME 1 IN CV of the Stereo Delay is improved when synced.
- KB GATE OUT will now follow MULTI TRIG selection.
- KB VEL OUT (Keyboard Velocity CV Out), KB AT OUT (Keyboard Aftertouch CV Out), KB CV OUT (Keyboard CV Out), and KB GATE OUT (Keyboard Gate Out) correctly update when MIDI notes are played.
- Global Setting 4.1: Delayed Keyboard Octave Shift has been improved and now also applies to the keyboard CV output.
- Octave Transpose controls are now more responsive.
- PPQN IN and OUT have been improved.
- CC94 has been added to allow switching voice modes over MIDI.
- Spurious MIDI messaging no longer occurs when HOLD function is engaged.
Visit your account on Moog's website for full release notes and to update your instrument's firmware.
Matriarch | Processing & Controlling Eurorack Modules
Matriarch | Vibrato Patch
Matriarch | Stereo Movement Patch
Matriarch | Ring Modulation Patch
KVR Audio, Inc.