Cakewalk Sonar v2.1 released
23rd October 2002
The SONAR 2.1 update enhances SONARs mature feature set by giving you more control over your production environment, the ability to collaborate with users of other programs and platforms, and compatibility with more industry accepted file formats.
Check out all the new enhancements in version 2.1:
- OMFI & Broadcast Wave Format (BWF) import/export. Support for OMFI and Broadcast Wave files provides cross-platform compatibility with OMF host applications such as Pro Tools, Avid and Logic systems.
- Mackie Control and Mackie Control XT surface hardware support, allowing you to use the new Mackie surface hardware and multiple extender units to control SONAR's recording, editing and mixing operations.
- Windows Media 9 audio export support, providing unmatched audio quality with the latest audio streaming technology available for distributing music over the internet.
- MMC support, SONAR can now respond to MMC messages.
- Dedicated support for 29.97 SMPTE/MTC timecode.
- Trim, offset, and preview mode render option for AVI, MPEG and QuickTime digital video files.
- Accept and record universal SYSX messages (MIDI real-time messages).
- Improved handling of slip-edited MIDI clips.
- Event Properties Inspector toolbar.
- New key bindings for frequently accessed commands.
- Additional functionality enhancements.
SONAR 2.1 is a free download to registered SONAR 2.0 customers.
KVR Audio, Inc.