UltimateSoundBank releases Plugsound Pro (+UVI Soundcards)
22nd August 2006
UltimateSoundBank has released Plugsound Pro, which features the latest UVI Engine offering more power and flexibility: 64 parts, 64 MIDI channels, key-switch, streaming, powerful synth engine with envelopes, LFO, Filters, plus a complete and flexible groove manipulation tool, including automatic synchronization, MIDI & audio drag & drop and more.
Plugsound Pro includes 8 Gb of sounds, including all the sounds from USB's Plugsound Box (with some enhanced presets like the pianos), a new Classical section providing a wide range of acoustic instruments, and a complete selection of loops and phrases.
Plugsound Pro can be expanded using the new UVI Soundcards and by importing REX, AppleLoops, AIFF and WAV files. The first three UVI Soundcards - Retro Organs, Synth Anthology and X-Treme FX - are also available for order, and will all be shipping by the end of August 2006. These feature the sound libraries from USB's previous plug-ins - Charlie, Ultra Focus and X-Treme FX.
Although the UVI Soundcards can work as expansions for Plugsound Pro (and MOTU's Mach Five 2) the Universal UVI Player is also provided with each one so they can operates as a stand-alone application or as a virtual instrument plug-in for Mac OSX and Windows in all major hosts, if required.
Feature and specifications:
- New Hybrid UVI Engine, managing instruments and grooves in the same interface.
- 8 Gb of sounds, including the complete Plugsound Box contents, plus additional classical instruments and loops.
- Expandable with new UVI Soundcards.
- Unlimited polyphony / low software latency.
- Easy selection with a smart integrated browser, including realtime preview for grooves.
- MIDI learn on most of the parameters, including speed control.
- 64 parts. Parts can be instruments, loops or phrases, with a freely assignable MIDI channel (create stacks and layers in seconds).
- 64 MIDI channels.
- Disk streaming for larger instruments.
- Multiple separate outputs.
- Expert mode to create complex stacks, layers, zone splits and key-switches performance, including instruments, loops and phrases.
- Multis are cross-platform and all host compatible.
- Sound Design-Shaping tools: envelopes, multi mode filters, LFOs, pitch...
- Complete effects arsenal, with easy editing: delay, reverb, phaser, flanger, chorus, EQ, filter, drive, distortion, compressor...
- Direct sync to host: tempo & transport (user selectable).
- Realtime sync to the beat: loops are always in time.
- "State-of-the-art" realtime time-stretch algorithm.
- Latch mode to start and stop loops with a simple keystroke (perfect for LIVE application).
- Double/Half tempo with LED indicator.
- Sample/Slice Start for loops and phrases.
- Drag & Drop MIDI files of sliced loops into the sequencer.
- Drag & Drop Audio files from stretched or sliced loops into the sequencer's audio tracks.
- Import of REX files, Apple Loops, AIFF & WAV.
Plugsound Pro is available for Windows and Mac OS X (Universal Binary) in VST, DX, AU, RTAS and MAS plug-in formats and has an MSRP of €299 / $299. Upgrades for owners of existing UltimateSoundBank products are available.
The UVI Soundcards:
- Retro Organs (sound library from Charlie): $99
- Synth Anthology (sound library from Ultra Focus): $149
- X-Treme FX (sound library from X-Treme FX): $149
KVR Audio, Inc.