AraldFX updates DKS Pro to v1.0f
8th May 2008
AraldFX has updated its drum synth DKS Pro to v1.0f for both Windows and Mac OS X.
- Corrected an envelope bug which caused random clicks at the end of the sounds when a distortion with a high boost was applied.
- The frequencies of the oscillators and noise cutoff are now shown also as MIDI notes with cents shift.
- Added a hold stage to the envelopes.
- Added a mid-point control to the envelope's attack stage.
- Added a mid-point control to the release attack stage.
- Added a MIDI gate mode (within the choke/mute groups selector), so you can control the length of the sound with the MIDI note.
Note: it is possible to add more punch or "fatness" to any of the existing sounds by using the new envelope features. To add more punch you should lower the midpoint of the release stage and increase the hold time, if necessary. To make a drums sound "fatter" you can try increasing the mid point of the envelope. The original DKS PRO midpoint was set to -30dB.
KVR Audio, Inc.