MachineCodex Software releases AudioCodex v1.30
28th July 2008
MachineCodex Software has released version 1.30 of AudioCodex.
- Added preliminary support to allow visualisers to monitor AudioCodex's audio output stream directly. Previously all audio-reactive visualisers monitored the Default System Input stream and hence required the use of a microphone.
- Added preliminary complimentary support for compositions conforming either loosely or strictly to the 'Music Visualizer' protocol as defined in Leopard. Loaded compositions can receive various data directly from AudioCodex on a scheduled basis by implementing any or all of the predefined input keys specified the Music Visualizer protocol. Because only loose compliance is required, even compositions created on / for OSX 10.4.x (Tiger) can theoretically take advantage of this feature by simply adding the required input ports with the correct keyNames manually.
- Compositions that implement the input key '_protocolInput_AudioSpectrum' are updated with spectral data derived from AudioCodex's audio output stream, and are not dependent on a microphone for input.
- Compositions that implement the input key '_protocolInput_AudioPeak' are updated with amplitude data derived from AudioCodex's audio output stream, and are not dependent on a microphone for input.
- Compositions that implement the input key '_protocolInput_TrackPosition' are updated with the current track position while the track plays.
- Compositions that implement the input key '_protocolInput_TrackInfo' are updated with track metadata such as track name, artist, album, year and genre at the start of playback of each track.
- Compositions that implement the input key '_protocolInput_TrackSignal' are sent a signal (boolean) value at the start of playback of each track.
- Added code to check if the current Default System Audio Input device is compatible with Quartz Compositions that use the built-in AudioInput patch before attempting to load any composition that uses this patch; AudioCodex now refuses to load such compositions if the Audio Input device is not a built-in device.
- Input keys with names prefixed by an underscore character are flagged as 'private' and are no longer displayed in the inspector, nor archived in presets.
- Structure-type input values are no longer displayed in the inspector nor archived in presets.
- Fixed an issue that caused some sliders in the Visualizer Inspector to be created with an incorrect width.
Changes to CoreAudio Export:
- If the selected track is the same as the current track, the Export will apply all enabled effects using their current settings, including effects that are currently in 'Global' mode. If the selected track is different to the current track, only the saved effect settings for the selected track will be used. Previously, Export always used only the saved track settings.
- Fixed several bugs associated with drag and drop of items into the AudioCodex group of the Source list, which would cause dropped items to sometimes appear in the wrong list, or to sometimes be non-rearrangeable until after quitting & relaunching. These issues now appear to be fully resolved.
- Fixed a bug where items deleted from the currently playing playlist would 'reappear' if that playlist was reselected in the sourcelist after viewing a different playlist.
KVR Audio, Inc.