Bitwig Studio has been updated to v2.5.1.
- Reduce loading time and memory usage for some VST3 plug-ins.
- Plug-ins that don't report begin and end edit of parameters (e.g when clicking with the mouse in the plug-in window) now simulate begin/end which is a requirement for the touch automation mode to work.
- Improve the error messages when we find problems scanning plug-ins (less redundant information).
- If a plug-in constantly reports latency- and IO-changes then ignore these to avoid audio drop-outs.
- Don't show errors found when trying to treat a shared library as a plug-in if it is just a normal shared library and not a plug-in (Linux/Windows).
- When switching presets in a plug-in GUI and a parameter has modulation apply the modulation to the value in the preset.
- Better handling of VST3 plug-ins that list the same parameter ID multiple times - choose the most likely one based on the metadata.
- In some cases VST3 parameters would jitter slightly when moved.
- If a plug-in parameter is modulated allow the user to still interact with it in the plug-in GUI (disable modulation while they do this) and then re-enable when they finish.
- If a VST3 plug-in parameter was modulated it was hard to edit it inside the plug-in window as it jumped while you tried to edit it.
- Some VST3 parameters did not update in their plug-in window when they were automated or modulated.
- Plug-ins that incorrectly list their parameters with non-unique IDs didn't work correctly.
- Workaround for Acustica VST3 plug-ins: Was incorrectly stating a parameter change came from a user interaction.
- Workaround for Acqua VST3 plug-ins: Ignore MIDI mappings interface it was returning invalid data.
- Sampler didn't trigger envelope on notes that were shorter than one sample - this could happen with certain drum kits.
- SFZ files that set a default path to find its samples cannot be loaded.
- ALSA might fail to scan the devices if the previously selected device is disconnected (Linux).
- Undoing the move of a scene could result in a broken layout of the arranger clip launcher if some scenes had a custom width.
- Sliding content does not work correctly on reversed audio events.
- Reordering scenes in a nested track results in a broken clip launcher layout.
- Crash in Maschine JAM script when stepping through parameter pages of DRC VST plug-in.
- Control scripts that don't require any hardware (e.g. MIDI or USB) don't automatically start when added.
- Controller visualizations shown in the status bar may not always show the correct value when the parameter is changed in the Bitwig Studio user interface.
- Stereo Split Device is -6dB too quiet.
- The timing on some modulation routings would be one processing buffer late.
- Value displays for plug-in parameters not updated on controllers in 2.5 if the parameter is not currently visible in the parameter list in the device chain.
- Some very old projects that were create in 1.1.x where the user had copied the master track into a nested track group's track list meant that the project could not open in 2.3.x or later.