Alex Hilton and A1Audio.de have released the free A1StereoControl, a plugin to expand or limit the 'stereo width' of tracks. It can be used on single or group tracks and is also usable in mastering situations.
The integrated 'Safe Bass' algorithm centers bass frequencies below an adjustable value in the middle of the stereo field. This is designed to give tracks solidity and definition while preserving transparency and sharpness.
The expert mode features different 'pan laws' (0db, -3db, -6db), different pan curves (linear, logarithmic, sin/cos) as well as classic 'balance' mode or 'dual panning'.
- Expand or limit stereo width (from 0% to 200%).
- 'Safe Bass' algorithm centers all bass frequencies (BASS gets MONO).
- Linear phase (important for mastering).
- Resizable GUI (fully vector-based, nice on 'retina' displays or even very small ones).
- Low latency.
- 'Phase Flip' (flips the whole input signal 180°).
- 'Swap L-R' (swaps left and right input channel).
- 'Mono' turns the input signal to mono, but panning is still possible.
- All parameters automatable.
- All parameters fully undo-able (undo / redo).
- +/- 12 dB input and output gain.
Please visit www.A1Audio.de for more information and download.