Ableton updates Live to v10.1 - adds user wavetables, new devices, workflow upgrades and more
Ableton has updated Live to 10.1, a significant free update that adds new tools and features to support musicians' creative process, from making and shaping sound to editing and finalizing their tracks:
- User wavetables allow musicians to extend the capabilities of Wavetable's oscillator section by importing their own wavetables or samples.
- Channel EQ is a flexible and simple EQ with curves and gain ranges suitable for a variety of audio material.
- Delay combines Simple Delay and Ping Pong Delay and moves ping pong behavior, Jump, Fade-In and Pitch controls from those devices to the front panel.
- New automation features include a new palette of automation shapes, stretch and skew automation and the ability to enter precise values with a numerical keypad. It's easier to get access to clip modulation in Session View. Additionally, Live now simplifies complex automation into C- and S-shapes for easier editing.
- Improvements to zooming and scrolling make switching between detailed views and big-picture editing faster with streamlined keyboard shortcuts, pinch zooming on compatible computers, a resizable Arrangement Overview window, and more.
- Live 10.1 now also allows users to freeze tracks that contain sidechain routing, export single tracks and groups with return and master effects applied and use all their VST3 plug-ins.
Pricing and availability
The Ableton Live 10.1 update is free for all owners of Live 10. If auto-update is enabled, Live will automatically update the next time the program is opened. Those who haven't enabled the auto-update feature can download the update from their account page.
To see all the changes in Ableton Live 10.1, read the release notes.