Acon Digital will showcase the latest incarnation of their audio editor Acoustica Premium Edition at the winter NAMM show in Anaheim, California next week (Booth #6242). The entire application has been re-implemented from scratch for the highest quality demands and cross-platform support, making it a tool for editing, mastering and restoration tasks that works equally well on Mac and PC.
The new spectral editing mode allows precise restoration work since processing can be limited to isolated regions in time and frequency. The processing tools from Acon Digital Restoration Suite comprising of DeNoise, DeHum, DeClick and DeClip are seamlessly built in, just like the processors from the plug-ins Equalize, Verberate and Multiply.
Also new is a set of tools for dynamic processing. Limit is a brick-wall limiter and Dynamics is a combined compressor and expander. Both tools have sophisticated algorithms with adjustable look-ahead for maximum transparency and up to four times oversampling. Multiband Dynamics is a multiband version of Dynamics with separate processing in up to four bands with adjustable cross-over frequencies and filter slopes.
A large range of additional processing tools are integrated, including:
- Dither – a flexible dithering algorithm with an adjustable noise shaping filter.
- Phono Filter – an accurate emulation of analog pre-emphasis filter curves such as RIAA or CD / DAT with adjustable time constants for vintage recordings.
- Vitalize – adds synthetic high frequency content.
- High quality sample rate conversion.
- Time Stretch, transpose and harmonization.
Additionally, third party plug-ins in the formats VST, VST3 and Audio Units (Mac only) are supported.
A large range of real-time metering tools are included, such as a spectrum analyzer, peak and true peak metering, phase correlation metering and EBU R 128 and ITU-R BS.1770 compliant metering. The dockable window panes let users set up the workspace according to own preferences. The updated Normalize tool now supports normalization of the maximum true peak as well as the integrated loudness according to ITU-R BS.1770 with adjustable absolute and relative gate thresholds.
Like its predecessor, Acoustica Premium Edition 7 handles surround formats up to 7.1 both in the single track editor and in multitrack sessions. Redbook compatible audio CDs can be created within the application. The batch processing tool automates processing and format conversion of multiple files.
- Runs on Mac and PC.
- Spectral editing allows isolated processing in time-frequency regions.
- Extensive list of integrated processing tools that cover professional editing, restoration and mastering.
- EBU / ITU compliant loudness metering and normalization.
- Surround format support in both single track editor and multitrack sessions.
- VST, VST3 and AU (Mac only) plug-in support.
Price and Availability
Acoustica 7 will be available in a Premium Edition ($199 USD) for advanced users and the feature limited Standard Edition ($59 USD) for beginners. Both editions will be made available in Q2 2017. Acoustica 6 users will have the option to upgrade for the price difference in a limited time period after release.