Acon Digital has released version 1.6 of their reverb reduction plug-in DeVerberate, a plug-in that separates the direct sound from the reverberation thus allowing users to attenuate or boost the reverberation already present in audio recordings. The algorithms have been improved to better preserve the direct sound and reduce unwanted effects on the volume envelope. Also new is the automatic estimation of the reverberation time based on the incoming audio.
New Features and Fixes:
- Improved algorithm preserves the direct sound better and reduces unwanted effects on the envelope curve.
- New Automatic Estimation button estimates the reverberation time automatically based on the incoming audio.
- The graphical user interface is now resizable.
- Fixed code signing issues under OS X.
- OS X installer now lets users choose which plug-ins to install (AAX, AU or VST).
The update is free for all DeVerberate customers and is available from the DeVerberate product page.