Akai Pro has released Flex Beat. Here's what they're saying:
Flex Beat is the ultimate rhythmic tool, giving you complete control over the timing and groove of your music. Flex Beat lets you create beat chops, DJ-style scratches, Trance gates and reverse or half-time your audio with ease. Producers of any genre can twist samples beyond recognition or add extra flavor to any loop in your sample collection.
Flex Beat enables you to add rhythm and movement to your music. With a library of hundreds of presets, you can add anything from simple scratches to full-fledged pitch shifting automations with just a few clicks. You can even change existing presets, or create your own patterns to use in your projects.
Run it Back
Select a mode to play the pads in loop, one shot or hold behavior and move through the patterns available to you:
- One Shot: Plays the selected pad pattern through to completion then reverts back to previous pad.
- Loop: Default behavior, the pad pattern is always looping.
- Hold: Plays the selected pad pattern while the pad is held then reverts back to previous pad.
- 16 performance pads for pattern presets.
- Pad play modes for Loop, One Shot and Hold behavior.
- Pads are MIDI controllable using MIDI sidechain input.
- Preset banks for instant inspiration.
- Ability to launch quantized patterns so your music never skips a beat.
- Large library of pad presets with preview function.
- Detailed pattern editor with snap, adjustable curve types and envelope tools.
- Export or import pattern presets in .fnv format compatible with Gross Beat.
- Dry / Wet mix.
Intro Price: $39 (Reg. $79).