Following up the original iMPC for iPhone app, iMPC Pro 2 elevates song production for all mobile musicians by adding new track types and enhancing the beloved workflow of iMPC with the addition of vocal tracks, support for Audio Units and a sleek new design.
iMPC Pro 2 is now a full-fledged song creation tool, capable of creating sophisticated tracks anywhere inspiration strikes. IMPC Pro 2 has been designed to take full advantage of the power of the new iPhone XS and XR while also being efficient and responsive on iPhone 7, 8 and X.
For the first time, iMPC Pro 2 supports Audio Units on iPhone, Apple's standard for hosting and connecting musical instrument and effects apps. This enables any Audio Unit app to function as a digital audio plug, within iMPC Pro 2 as an Audio Unit Track in iMPC Pro 2. Inside the audio tracks, users can instantaneously time warp, pitch shift and rearrange their audio clips to their liking.
The sophistication of real time manipulation is captured in a simple workflow and sleek interface. Users can choose from multiple input sources, including external mic channels, hardware audio interfaces and Inter-App Audio.
- Audio track recording (record from built-in mic, external mics, audio interfaces, etc.).
- Support for recording from 4+ channel audio devices.
- Real-time (stretching and pitch) shifting (warp tracks and clips to match tempo).
- Ableton Link and Inter-App Audio (IAA) support.
- 64-track mixer with EQ and 4 FX (Reverb, Delay, Chorus/Flange and one IAA effect).
- Redesigned user interface.
- Audio Unit plug-in support.
- Directly upload tracks to YouTube.
- Sample audio directly from music player apps such as Spotify.
- New Song Mode makes full song production more intuitive than ever.
- 100% new sound set, with five additional free Sound Packs.
- Advanced waveform editing.
- Enhanced MIDI support and many more workflow enhancements.
MPC Pro 2 features a new library of built-in, high-quality sounds. Designed exclusively for iMPC Pro 2, these kits cover popular and cutting-edge genres from sample libraries including ADSR, Rawcutz, SampleTools by Cr2, Niche Audio, and Sample Magic.
In addition, five custom sound packs are available at no extra charge in the AudioCopy Content Store (valued at $35). Essential Club Collection, Classic Cutz, Dub 2 DnB, and Melodic Collection are exclusively curated for the iMPC Pro 2, featuring instruments and samples by iconic producers across an array of genres. Users who dive into the iMPC University online course will get an additional sound pack, The Diploma, upon completion. This course teaches you all of the fundamentals of the app and advanced techniques.
"iMPC Pro 2 represents the next stage of evolution for the iMPC series, " said Dan Gill, Product Manager for Akai Professional. "It takes the classic beatmaking workflow found on the original and adds something we've been working on for a long time: the ability to rap or sing over the beat you've produced. This evolves the mobile beatmaking app concept into a more complete song creation tool. For the first time get desktop grade studio tools in your pocket".
iMPC Pro 2 is available to pre-order for iPhone, on the App Store for $4.99 from today. After launch the retail price will be $8.99. As an added bonus, customers who pre-order iMPC Pro 2 for iPhone unlock three exclusive additional packs at no charge at launch.