Alex Nadzharov has announced the release of lfoch, an experimental LFO generator app for iOS that can create "chase"-like effects with multiple outputs from a single complex waveform.
- 2 LFO generators with phase modulation / ring modulation:
- Each LFO generators contains 2 suboscillators; one suboscillator modulates phase of another.
- For each suboscillator you can set waveform rate, waveform type (with smooth morph between sine, triangle, sawtooth and square waveforms), nonlinear curve (for overdrive-like effect) and minimum/maximum range.
- The result waveform is a multiplication of two generated LFO waveforms.
- You can use 1..16 points from this waveform to output as MIDI control change values.
- You can toggle the "playback" (phase change) of each generator with I/II buttons.
- You can randomise parameter values with "dice" buttons.
- App has two modes for live usage.
- 'perform' mode has larger waveform view and some selected sliders (if any).
- 'edit' mode contains all controls on one screen.
- Each generator can be synchronized to tempo. In this mode the "speed" value runs from 4 quarter forward to 4 quarter backwards speed, the fastest value in this mode is 1/32.
- When running inside AUv3 host the app uses host's transport.
- "free mode" setting allows you not to follow the host transport.
lfoch is a standalone app and an AUv3 MIDI Effect. AUv3 effect supports parameter automation and preset saving inside host.
Price: $3.99 on the App Store.