Algoriddim has released updates for the iOS and Mac OS X version of djay.
djay for iOS 2.6
With djay 2.6 for iOS Algoriddim have joined forces with General Electric (GE) to release the "GE Drop Science Pack". The pack is the byproduct of GE's recent partnership with musician Matthew Dear to create "Drop Science, " a new electronic track based on sound samples from GE research centers around the world.
djay 2.6 also introduces an updated Spotify integration, now allowing users to mix in key from their Spotify library, and adds support for the new Pioneer DDJ-WeGO3 MIDI controller, featuring an optimized user interface that is tailored precisely for the hardware:
- 2.6.1: Fixed occasional issue when opening library.
- New Sample Pack: Drop Science by General Electric.
- New plug & play support and optimized UI for all-new Pioneer DDJ-WEGO3 controller.
- New setting to distinguish major and minor when key detection is enabled.
- Improved Spotify integration: now BPM and KEY are shown in the media browser (even for tracks that have not been analyzed yet).
- Improved Spotify integration: songs that you have listened to before are now marked in the library so you can find undiscovered tracks more easily.
- Improved sort by KEY: now tracks with matching keys are highlighted with color.
- Improved sorting: now sort order is maintained when switching iTunes or Spotify playlists.
- Improved Edit Grid: now fixes misaligned beat grids by re-analyzing the track based on the downbeat you set (and optionally your tapped BPM).
- Improved VoiceOver integration.
- Added FX wet/dry setting for Numark iDJ Pro.
- Fixed crash when selecting certain FX on Numark Mixdeck Quad.
- Lots of bug fixes and overall improvements.
djay for Mac v4.2.3
This update introduces native support for the new Pioneer DDJ-WeGO3 and contains the following improvements:
- Improved FX and fixed volume drop when activated.
- Improved spinning / scratching behavior with MIDI controllers when releasing jog wheel.
- Improved CUE button behavior for MIDI controllers.
- Added support for all-new Pioneer DDJ-WEGO3 controller.
- Added support for Numark Mixtrack II and Mixtrack Pro II.
- Added support for Hercules DJConsole Rmx2, DJControl AIR+, and DJControl Instinct.
- Bug fixes and overall performance improvements.