Ample Sound has announced the release of Ample Bass J (ABJ), which is modeled on a Master Built Jazz Bass, hand-crafted by renowned Fender Master Builder, John English (1950-2007). It sounds wide and deep. It is imbued with both modern taste and Fender's traditional characteristics. Ample Sound used their techniques on every possible procedure: recording, editing, programming etc., trying only to deliver every detail of the original sound and vibration of this master built bass to the users.
ABJ has a 3.71 GB sample library which is naturally recorded on every single fret. No destructive editing and dynamic processing are applied (which leaves more room for users' modification).
Ample Bass features 14 bass articulations: Sustain, Palm Mute, Natural Harmonic, Hammer On & Pull Off, Legato Slide, Slide in & out, Pop, Slap, Tap, Accentuated, Staccato and Dead Note. The Legato articulations can be used to achieve legato notes of any duration, pitch and polyphony.
- Redesigned Tab Player for bass tab. All articulations and notations are supported by the tab player. Realistic Tab playback can be achieved through fine parameter adjustments and humanizations.
- Auto Buzz System. Buzz noises can make bass performance more expressive and realistic. Ample Bass buzz system enables users to arbitrarily control of start position, duration and amplitude of a buzz. Alternatively, Ample Bass could also randomize the whole buzz sound process.
- Groovy Single-Note Bassline. Repetitive one-note basslines are a common technique in bass performance, particularly in the rock genre. Ample Bass contains a unique method of delivering one-note bass lines, One-note loops have been recorded for every fret with a groovy, tasty feel and lossless quality as the tempo is changed. No more bland and robotic 'machine gun effect'.
- Slap & Sustain in one MIDI Track. Using keyswitches, users can switch between Sustain (normal group) and Slap and Pop on the fly. Ample Bass also provides a "combined keyswitches" feature, which allows users to play both Slap and Pop articulations on specific strings. For example, you could assign the Slap articulation to the G and D strings, and the Pop articulation to the A and E strings.
- Alternate Tuning. Ample Bass supports alternate tunings to the lowest note of a 5-string bass.
- Carefully designed left hand techniques and sample groups.
- Legato with variable duration, pitch and polyphony.
Price and Discount
ABJ is priced at $119. An introductory price of $95 is available until December 12th, 2014.
All demos are available for download as projects for different DAWs (e.g. Cubase, Logic, Pro Tools, Live, Guitar pro, etc.).
ABJ is available for 32- and 64-bit Windows and Mac OS X in VST, AU, RTAS and AAX plug-in formats.