Ample Sound has announced the release of Ample China Zheng, a new sampled virtual instrument based on a Dunhuang Guzheng - Purple Cloud. It's an 8 GB sample library with 13 articulations, including plentiful licks and Guzheng effect samples.
- 5 mics (left, right, body, and stereo room mics). Each mic has individual volume and EQ control.
- 4 mic modes (All, AB, left MS, right MS) to create various sounds.
- 13 articulations: Sustain, Natural Harmonic, Expression Tremolo, Straight Tremolo, Glissando, Glissando Up, Glissando Down, Full Bend (major second and minor third with speed slow and fast), Bend Up (major second and minor third with speed slow and fast), Bend Down (major second and minor third), Tap, Mid Speed Vibrato, and Slow to Fast Vibrato.
- Plentiful recorded licks.
- Unique Guzheng techniques including various glissandos.
- All samples are actual recordings. All semitones are recorded with modified tuning.
Three Play modes:
- Keyboard mode: 12 semitones, which can be played like a piano.
- Gliss mode: Original technology created to simulate two-hand glissandos. It is able to generate two glissandos at the same time (like played with two hands), and will automatically change the sample groups between left hand (mellow) and right hand (bright). Users only need to set the beginning and end notes, and the system will automatically generates the pentatonic scale notes (according to the Key setting) in between. The time between the two notes will determine the speed of the glissando. The velocity difference will control the velocity change of the generated glissando notes, which enables users to create rich performances.
- Instrument mode: Designed specially for traditional pentatonic scales.21 strings are controlled by 21 white keys over 3 octaves. The turning is automatically changed by Key setting.
Special Guzheng bend system:
- Each string can be bent individually, while other strings are generating normal notes.
- When a string is bent, the status will be kept so it can be released when it is played again.
- The Advance Bend system simulates real instrument by modeling the change of sound such as timbre and velocity.
- Full bend, Bend up, Bend down, Tap and Vibrato articulations (yellow keys) can be played individually, or legato style after a Sustain note at any time.
- The velocity of the legato key switch will trigger different samples, such as fast vibrato, or slow to fast vibrato etc.
- When the Key setting is selected, the system will automatically determine the notes in the key for bending notes (major 2nd or minor 3rd).
- The note on velocity (30 - 120) controls the 90 start points of tremolo samples, which enables users to trigger a slow start, or directly plays the strong part.
- Tremolo notes will seamlessly loop once reach the end of samples.
- Dedicated tremolo release samples will be triggered when tremolo notes are released.
- Tremolo and Sustain samples can be legato connected.
- Windows: Windows 7/8/10, 64-bit only (32-bit not supported).
- Mac: 10.9 or newer versions.
- VST2, VST3, AU, AAX and Standalone host.
- Intel i5 or higher.
- iLok Anti-Piracy system, which requires a free iLok account. The license can be stored on the local machine without an iLok dongle, or on 2nd/3rd generation iLok dongle.
Ample Sound is also running a Winter Sale promotion until January 1st 2021:
- Full bundle (23 plugins) - 65% off.
- Full guitar bundle (13 plugins) - 59% off.
- Full bass bundle (7 plugins) - 52% off.
- Electric guitar bundle (6 plugins) - 50% off.
- Acoustic guitar bundle (5 plugins) - 49% off.
- Metal bundle (3 plugins) - 46% off.
- Electric bass bundle (4 plugins) - 49% off.
- Acoustic bass bundle (2 plugins) - 33% off.
- China bundle (2 plugins) - 33% off.
- Single products - 20% off.