IK Multimedia has announced that AmpliTube XGEAR v1.1 has been released as a free download for all registered StompIO users and all registered owners of at least one "powered by AmpliTube" product* including: Ampeg SVX, AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix, AmpliTube 2 and AmpliTube Metal. AmpliTube X-GEAR is an expandable guitar amp and effects modeling software system, available as a plug-in and standalone for Windows / Mac OS X.
X-GEAR allows you to mix and match all the gear models from all current and future "Powered by AmpliTube" products in a single host interface, providing seamless control over every parameter directly from StompIO, or any generic MIDI controller. X-GEAR gives you the ability to build the "ultimate mega-rig" of custom guitar and bass tones, live and in the studio.
AmpliTube X-GEAR Features
- Provides a single host interface for all "powered by AmpliTube" products (AmpliTube 2, Ampeg SVX, AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix, AmpliTube Metal, and all future "Powered by AmpliTube" products) with full mix and match over all the modeled gear.
- Allows complete integration with StompIO audio interface/floor controller.
- Allows full automation of each opened model's parameters.
- Allows MIDI controls with MIDI learn functionality.
- Opens and reads all "Powered by AmpliTube" presets.
- Works both as a RTAS/AU/VST plug-in and standalone version on Mac/PC.
Eligible users are able to download X-GEAR for free from their IK user area.
X-GEAR is also available to purchase as a download for €74.99/$99.99 (excluding taxes) in the IK Multimedia online store.
* AmpliTube 2 Live, AmpliTube 2 DUO and Ampeg SVX UNO users are not eligible for this free crossgrade.