Analogue Drums has released two drum sample libraries in the Kontakt format.
Plastique is a hard hitting rock kit with tone and punch for miles. This kit will drive a classic rock track with authority and add flavour to fusion and pop pieces. The kit itself is a vintage 1970s Ludwig Vistalite in Bonhamesque configuration and tuning, including two vintage Ludwig Supraphonic snares and Paiste 2002 cymbals. The kit was sampled in a big room with plenty of character imparting an expansive sound on these samples. As usual we've used nothing but the finest gear to capture the kit, including Neumann mics, a vintage Neve desk, API and Chandler preamps and a roll of 2" tape.
Kingpin is a punchy vintage kit combining classic vintage tone and modern snap. This kit can dish out everything from R'n'B and urban grooves through to rock, pop and indy tracks. The kit is a 1970s vintage Gretsch USA maple comprised of two rack toms, two floor toms, two kick drum variations and two snares. The drums are accompanied with Bosphorus cymbals for a dark, dry and smooth finish. The kit was sampled in a controlled enclosure for a tight and direct sound. As usual we've used nothing but the finest gear to capture the kit, including Neumann mics, a vintage Neve desk, API and Chandler preamps and a roll of 2" tape.
- Round robin: each velocity layer contains 6 round-robin samples, played randomly to ensure realistic performances.
- Multi-sampling: each key contains up to 8 velocity layers for expressive detail. Hihats are extensively sampled for convincing realism with 7 articulations (tip, tight, closed, loose, semi-open, open, pedaled).
- Kontakt instrument interface: with separate volume and panning controls for individual drums, overhead mics, and room mics.
- Sensitivity control: increase the sensitivity of the kit for more subtle performances or leave it set to full dynamic range for rock and heavier numbers.
- Presets: for quickly dialing up sounds.
Price: $39.95 for each library.