Antelope Audio has announced availability of Zen Q Synergy Core, a 14 x 10 bus-powered USB-C audio interface with onboard real-time effects and expandable I/O.
Here's what they say:
Antelope Audio's signature sound quality comes from professional AD/DA conversion, discrete ultra-linear preamps, and 64-bit AFCTM. The Zen Q Synergy Core 14 x 10 bus-powered USB-C audio interface incorporates those same core technologies that drive its high-end siblings, such as the rack-mountable Orion Studio Synergy Core and Galaxy 64 Synergy Core flagship:
- MONITOR and LINE OUT AD/DA conversion with a dynamic range of up to 127 dB (A-Weighted).
- Recording, mixing, and playback at up to 24-bit/192kHz.
- Proprietary 64-bit AFCTM technology and Jitter Management algorithm delivering increased sound width, separation, and detail.
Synergy Core Effects
The Zen Q Synergy Core comes with 37 bundled analog-modeled effects, emulating a studio stocked with the rarest analog gear. Its Synergy Core platform offers control of equalizers, dynamic processors, guitar amps, reverb, and more — including Gyraf Gyratec IX (tube mic preamp) and Stay-Levin (compressor) — with over 50 optional expansions available through Antelope Audio's Software Store.
Zen Q Synergy Core's connectivity centers around two Combo XLR jacks with switchable modes to toggle between the discrete console-grade preamps, LINE level, or HiZ, while the front panel provides two switchable line/Hi-Z inputs — G1 and G2 — for added flexibility. For monitoring, there is a stereo MONITOR output and a separate LINE OUT pairing to connect another set of studio monitors or external outboard gear, both backed by a mastering-grade D/A converter. There is also a separate DAC for the HP1 and HP2 (independent headphone) outputs. A simple desktop setup can easily be transformed into a multichannel configuration, thanks to the SPDIF IN/OUT and ADAT IN connections:
- 2x discrete ultra-linear preamps with 65 dB of gain for studio-quality recordings, both working as MIC/LINE/HiZ inputs on Combo XLR jacks, with 48V of phantom power and independent preamp gain for each input.
- 2x Hi-Z/line instrument inputs over TRS ¼" jacks.
- 2x signal-balanced, DC-coupled LINE OUT (outputs) over TRS ¼" jacks (+20 dBu max).
- USB-C port carrying up to 16 input and 16 output channels in any popular DAW with custom macOS and Windows drivers.
- Digitally expandable over SPDIF IN/OUT, with two channels available.
- Digitally expandable over ADAT IN, with eight channels available (at 44.1/48kHz).
- 1x stereo signal-balanced, DC-coupled MONITOR output on TRS ¼" jacks (+20 dBu max).
- 2x stereo headphone outputs with separate volume control.
Users of Zen Q Synergy Core can reap the benefits of a USB-C interface with an optimized audio driver for low-latency playback, streaming, and recording paired with onboard software. It allows for seamless control over essential parameters such as signal routing, sub-mixes, and monitoring, while applying Synergy Core effects without overburdening their system — all integral to enhancing workflow at every stage of the production process:
- Bus-powered, compact (W: 198 mm/7.8", D: 137 mm/5.4", H: 57.5 mm/2.3") interface without the need for a dedicated power source.
- Direct monitoring with Synergy Core effects, processed in real-time with imperceptible latency.
- Simplified I/O routing with preconfigured settings, allowing immediate recording and playback.
- Easily accessible front panel-positioned controls for input and output levels, as well as other settings.
- Customizable presets with settings for signal routing, level adjustments, mixer, and effects.
- Customizable monitoring mixes with adjustable volume, pan, and reverb.
Price: $899.00 USD/€899.00 EUR at antelopeaudio.com
Watch Zen Q Synergy Core overview video: YouTube/rkPulEks70U