Apple has updated the iOS version of GarageBand to v2.1.
New in Version 2.1:
- Use Live Loops to create music by triggering instrument loops and DJ-style effects in real time using Multi-Touch gestures*.
- Add a virtual Drummer to your song who takes direction and performs realistic acoustic & electronic drum grooves.
- Record adjustments of any Touch Instrument control knob in real time.
- Create and edit automation curves to control the volume of any track.
- Shape the sound of a Touch Instrument or audio recording using Simple EQ and Compressor.
- Plug in a bass guitar and play through vintage and modern bass amp rigs.
- Adds over 1,200 new Apple Loops and sounds.
- Record up to 32 tracks simultaneously**.
- Use third-party instrument apps in your song with Audio Unit Extensions***.
- Directly import or export GarageBand projects using iCloud Drive.
- Use 3D Touch to play keyboard sounds with polyphonic aftertouch****.
* Live Loops is available on iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPad (4th generation), or later devices.
** 32 tracks is available on iPhone 5s, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, or later devices. Multi-track recording requires compatible third party audio interface.
*** Requires compatible third-party Audio Unit Extension instruments apps from the App Store.
**** Polyphonic aftertouch is available on iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.