Logic Pro v10.4.3
- There are now preferences to filter MIDI data on a port-by-port basis.
- Logic Pro no longer quits unexpectedly
- Sometimes when Exporting All Tracks as Audio.
- Sometimes when adjusting the left edge of a region.
- When more than one image is dragged to the project notes area.
- Sometimes when adding text objects to the bottom of a page in the Score.
- Sometimes while recording when the Piano Roll scrolls to a set of selected events after clicking in the header of a track that is not the recording track.
- After using "Select Unused" in the Project Audio window and then pressing delete in projects that use instances of Melodyne ARA.
- After cutting a MIDI take folder and then immediately starting a recording.
- Sometimes when clicking the Display Level button in the Automation Event Edit list.
- When a channel strip is deleted with the Undo History window open.
- When the "Unpack to New Track Alternatives" command is performed on grouped tracks.
- Logic Pro no longer hangs
- Sometimes when editing Articulation Sets.
- Sometimes after performing the "Copy MIDI Events" key command.
- Logic Pro no longer shows an "Illegal Regions" error when opening certain projects.
- Performing undo after adjusting the length of a looped region no longer rarely causes the region to be deleted.
- Logic Pro no longer seems to hang sometimes when opening a List or Browser when the Smart Controls are open.
- CPU performance is improved when running Logic Pro on high density displays.
- Tempo information is now properly written to audio files in a multitrack set that do not have the "Contribute to Analysis" option selected.
- Clicking on a button in a Smart Tempo Multitrack Set after deleting a recording in the Tracks area no longer causes the other files in the Multitrack Set to be deleted.
- Changing the length of a Drummer region in Adapt Mode no longer sometimes leads to unexpected tempo changes.
- Region Flex & Follow settings are now properly preserved after editing contributors to Smart Tempo analysts of a multitrack set.
- Performing Undo immediately after an audio recording in KEEP mode now works the first time.
- Tempo events from imported audio files are now placed correctly on downbeats when Flex & Follow is set to On in Keep Mode.
- A progress bar for Normalize no longer sometimes appears after a multitrack recording.
- It is no longer necessary to hit play after loading a project that uses instances of ARA plug-ins to insure the data and edits are saved.
- The Auto Save feature now recovers unsaved ARA edits.
- Controller information and note data for Articulations are now sent each time playback is started.
- Articulation Key Switches again work reliably when notes are selected in an editor.
- Controllers used as articulation switches no longer sometimes unexpectedly reset to 0.
- Impulse Response files for Chinese and Japanese traditional instruments are now correctly found when a GarageBand for iOS project is opened in Logic Pro.
- Logic Pro no longer sometimes shows a "not enough disk space" error when relocating the Sound Library content to an external drive that has adequate free space.
- The Flex view now updates correctly when changing from Flex Pitch to a Flex Time mode.
- Trimming the left edge of a flexed region no longer sometimes disables flex in certain rare cases.
- It is now possible to trim the right borders of multiple selected flexed regions.
- Dragged flex-pitched notes in the Audio Track Editor now sound while being adjusted.
- Adjusting the setting of knobs via text entry now reliably results in accurate values.
- EXS instruments created by loading 32-bit float audio files from the Edit > Zone > Load Multiple Samples menu item now sound correctly.
- Changing a plug-in or instrument no longer sometimes affects instances of the same plug-in or instrument in a different open project.
- Plug-ins that are in a Compare state are saved with the correct settings when performing Save As.
- Adjusting region-based automation in an editor window no longer unexpectedly affects the display of Track-based Automation in the Tracks area.
- Regions at the bottom of a Summing Stack no longer sometimes disappear after they have been moved to higher tracks in the stack.
- Removing characters from Global Text objects no longer causes unexpected repeated characters.
- Chord grids with custom tunings now consistently display as expected.
- Knobs on Classic MIDI channel strips again send MIDI CC data while being adjusted.
- Option-clicking a send on a selected channel strip again resets all sends on the channel strip to 0db.
- Sends to outputs other than Output 1-2 are no longer unexpectedly delayed when Low Latency Mode is enabled.
- The Goto Position key command is again executed after pressing Return once.
Control Surfaces/MIDI Controllers:
- Changing the order of devices in the Control Surface Setup window now continues to work after the initial setup.
- Fader objects in the Environment again show numerical values as black text on a white background when the object is deflected and Cable view is on.
- The Piano Roll no longer scrolls to the bottom of the window when receiving non-note data during recording.
- The view in the Piano Roll now reliably remains focused on the currently playing notes while recording using the Repeat Note button on the Touch Bar.
- Copying notes in the Piano Roll that extend past the current end of the region again automatically lengthen the region to accommodate them.
- Selecting quantize values by right-clicking a note with the Quantize Tool in the Piano Roll again works as expected.
- Swing Quantize now works correctly for regions whose left borders do not fall precisely on grid positions.
- Using the Solo tool in the Tracks area no longer sometimes causes hanging notes.
- Editing text in the Notepad no longer always causes the view to jump to the end of the text.
- Solo Lock is now properly maintained when copying or moving regions that aren't soloed.
- Pressing Enter after renaming a track in the Track Inspector now confirms the new text as expected.
- Regions on Summing Stacks now visibly move when dragged.
- Track stacks no longer appear to be muted after solo is engaged and then disengaged.
- It is again possible to adjust the Delay setting in the Track Inspector for a channel of a multi-output software instrument.
- "Cancel" now works as expected in the dialog that comes up when performing the "Cut section between locators" command.
- Inserting a tempo event into the Tempo List no longer cause Automation View to unexpectedly toggle.
- The Optimize Files menu item in the Project Audio browser in the Main Window media area is now dimmed as expected when only regions are selected in the browser.
- Logic no longer hangs sometimes when opening the Musical Typing Keyboard window.
- MainStage no longer quits unexpectedly:
- When an External Instrument slot name is shown and there are no inputs assigned.
- Sometimes when quitting after using the Jump to Next Marker mapping several times.
- When a new channel strip is set as default, and the Load Default option is enabled in the New Track sheet.
- Faders now reliably remain active immediately after patch changes.
- Inputs for busses are now reliably maintained when loading saved patches.
- The Playback plug-in no longer sometimes cuts off the first quarter-second of an audio file.
- Duplicate note off events are no longer sometimes sent from channel strips that have the No Transpose switch enabled.
- A sustain pedal off message is now sent to external MIDI instruments when the sustain pedal is released after changing patches.
- The Layer Bypass parameter state again returns to its saved state when selecting a different patch.
- GarageBand no longer hangs when opening the Sound Library, the Note Pad, the Loop Browser, or the Media Browser when the Smart Controls are open.
- When opening GarageBand on a Mac in which the sound library has been moved using Logic Pro X or MainStage, and the external drive containing the library is not connected, GarageBand now shows a dialog indicating the drive must be connected to access to sounds.
- It is now possible to reinstall the Sound Library in GarageBand after moving the library in Logic Pro X or MainStage, and then disconnecting the external drive that contains the library.
- Impulse Response files for Chinese and Japanese traditional instruments are now correctly found when a GarageBand for iOS project is opened on macOS.
Learn to Play:
- The Tuning Hint window now opens in Learn to Play lessons that feature non-standard tunings.
- Chords now display in the correct positions in the Chord Trainer.
- The Chord Trainer again provides visual feedback when correct and incorrect chords are played.
- GarageBand now supports drag and drop from Voice Memos.
- The Smart Controls Inspector now displays correctly in newly created projects.
- The LCD display now immediately updates to reflect undo or redo of key signature change.
- The GarageBand window now remains visible after exiting full screen mode.
- It is now possible to position the end of song marker with greater precision.