apulSoft has announced that apQualizr2 is available. It is the successor to apQualizr, but the plugin has been recreated from scratch and many new features have been added.
apQualizr2 is not just an equalizer, it is now a modular equalizer, providing many modulation options not previously possible.
- Plugin formats: AAX/AudioUnits/VST/VST3 for 32-bit and 64-bit hosts on Mac OS X and Windows.
- High quality minimal latency vari-slope filters modelled precisely to match ideal curves over the full frequency spectrum.
- Graphical editing of filter parameters.
- Unlimited number of filter bands.
- Zoomable FFT-based frequency analyzer displayed beneath the filter curves.
- Frequency band solo feature: hold Alt to solo frequencies in mouse proximity at any time.
- Filter parameters can be modulated by a configurable network of modules.
- Current module selection: LFO, Dynamics Detector, Signal Scope, Mix, Split.
- Mid-Side / Left-Right processing per filter band.
- Comb filter.
- Output clipper with gain reduction graph.
- Interactive piano ruler.
- Supports HiDPI (Retina) displays with HiDPI hosts.
- Built-in system-wide preset management with the option to import and export preset files with all samples included, compatible across platforms and hosts.
The plugin can be downloaded from the apulSoft website and runs in demo mode until a license is purchased and entered. The demo mode adds some noise and prevents creating presets.
A license costs $69. Purchases of apQualizr version 1 after Jan 1st 2015 qualify for a free update. Earlier customers can get the update for $39.