Aria Sounds has released the first part of the London Symphonic Strings, orchestral sample library for Kontakt 4 and above - the first violins, along with the first naked demo/walkthrough. The library is currently selling for 40% off the retail price (£29.99 instead of £49.99), until February 11th only.
This sample library is full of different techniques, articulations, true legato patches with more than one type of legato, plus a fully user-controllable long slide/glissando patch (see video at the bottom), string percussive effects, experimental sounds, and much much more...
- Sustained long notes, with interchangeable fingered and bowed true legato intervals, conveniently displayed as you play on the easy to read/use user interface, as well as four cross-fadable dynamic layers beginning with a soft pianissimo, up to a full and powerful fortissimo.
- Spiccato - Short notes, for all your essential driving string motifs, with 3x round robin with multi dynamic layers for up to six variations per note.
- Sordino sustained long notes, with crossfadable dynamic layers and true legato intervals.
- Molto Sul Ponticello - The raspy and hollow sound when players bow closer to the bridge, bringing less of the fundamental note out, and more of the naturally occurring harmonics. This patch also has crossfadable dynamic layers and true legato.
- Sordino Spiccato - Spiccato played with mutes on, 4x round robin variations with multi dynamic layers for up to eight variations per note.
- Glissando/Slide - Slide between any two notes with this scripting technique without any synthesized or artificial pitch bending. 100% recorded genuine slide between notes. Higher velocity = faster slide. See Demo Video below.
- Colle - Short note where players start with the bow on the string and lift off, causing a harsh scratch at the beginning of the note. With 4x round robin variations per note and multi dynamic layers, you have up to eight variations per note.
- Martele - Intense, slightly longer detached notes using more of the bow. 2x round robin variations.
- Pizzicato and Bartok pizz - Players pluck the strings, as well as "Bartok pizz" where the pluck is hard enough to cause the string to snap back against the fingerboard. 2x round robin per note, with three dynamic layers, for up to six variations per note.
- Col Legno - striking the strings with the back, wooden side of the bow. 2x round robin variations per note.
- "Violin Concerto" - Leading soloist playing loud with vibrato, over the rest of the section, who play softly with mutes. Yet another addition to the possible colour of sound you can give your score.
- String SFX - Variety of string effects, clusters, percussive sounds, experimental sounds, noises, builds etc.
- Samples are 24-bit at 48000Hz wav files.
- 4.8 GB of Content The full version of Kontakt 4 or above is required to run this software. It will not run on the free version of Kontakt player.
Find out more at ariasounds.com