Auburn Sounds has released Renegate, a full-band Gate plug-in that is designed to be particularly quick to operate.
Auburn Sounds says Renegate has an always smooth, natural sound, and is aimed at simplifying gating. It can accommodate any kind of source. But this surface-level simplicity is only possible because it's complicated on the inside.
Renegate is highly adaptive:
- Program-dependent hysteresis captures the desired phenomenon.
- Built-in Look-Ahead for always being aligned with transients.
- Program-Dependent Auto-Release.
- Expensive 43 bands psychoacoustic auditory model for human-like loudness detection.
This gating experience is available for free in Renegate Free.
Renegate Full also features:
- Alternative ways to apply Gain Reduction: LP and HP.
- Built-in 16-steps Sequencer.
- Raw vs Smooth knob to get back digital grit if needed.
Auburn Sounds hopes to make Renegate a workhorse plug-in for all creative (or boring) gating needs.
Renegate is available as a VST / AU / AAX / LV2 plug-in for macOS, Windows, and Linux:
- Renegate free is a quick and easy free gate, that you can use with no time limit. Some features are greyed out.
- Renegate FULL is available at an introductory price of $29 (Reg. $39).